New Products: Exhaust products for 16v Single Exhaust

• Carl Fausett
  • Carl Fausett's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2016 10:57 #18793 by Carl Fausett
Our latest product - The Header-Y - completes the connection between our new merged-collector headers for the 16v motors and the stock or Borla Performance Exhaust. Dyno tests show a 21 lb/ft increase in torque at the tire in addition to the increase from a performance exhaust and cat delete.

www.928motorsports.com/parts/headerypipe.php

It is always hard to answer the question: "How much HP will I get from Headers on my 928?". Because headers are never installed alone, it is difficult to attribute what HP came from the headers and what HP came from the cat-delete or the rest of the exhaust upgrade.

But - a little while ago I had a customer deliver a nice 1984 928 5-speed to me that already had a Borla cat-back system and a Motorsport Y-pipe on it. No cat.

So our "baseline" (shown below) already shows the gain over a stock 1984 4.7L as a result of those mods. (stock is 234 at the motor, and this car did 242 at the motor).

Then we replaced the Y-pipe with our new merged-collector headers and Y-Pipe and got another 9 HP and 25 lb/ft of torque at the motor. Nice! Sounds great too.

The Header-Y is made from all 304 Stainless.

Carl Fausett
Phone: 920-485-0928
Email: carl@928motorsports.com

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2017 23:50 #19672 by Zimoludek
Hi,

So I was told that with these headers installed it be impossible to do an clutch job ? Do any of you have anything to say bout this ? What would be my other option to get headers that would allow for future clutch work? I'm looking to buy ASAP need some help deciding.

Thanks,
Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!