× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Repairs vs selling as is

• pauliesg
  • pauliesg's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2018 14:05 #20415 by pauliesg
Repairs vs selling as is was created by pauliesg
Last summer, due to an injury, I was unable to drive my 928. Am considering selling. If I make that decision, am unsure whether to replace tires and so some repairs or sell as it. (Some things that need work: drivers seat (electric) will not budge forward when pushing control. Odometer has stopped working Right now, will not start; believe it to be a relay switch.)

Many of you seem to be able to do your own work on the cars. I, unfortunately, do not have that ability nor does my husband. Opinions, please.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2018 21:33 #20417 by Rich928
Replied by Rich928 on topic Repairs vs selling as is
The general rule of thumb is you do not recap the cost of repairs or newly installed items on a used car. Perhaps, if you're lucky, you get back 50% in the increased sales price. However, by not having service records or the need of upcoming service (such as cam belt/water pump) the car may be under valued or much more difficult to sell.

Buyers often negotiate with the request that reducing the sales price by the amount that pending service or repairs would cost.

Good luck, I hope your Porsche 928 finds a good home.

Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!