× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

SUN ROOF TRANSMISSION

• morrelli
  • morrelli's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2019 16:05 #20886 by morrelli
SUN ROOF TRANSMISSION was created by morrelli
After removing and cleaning and adjusting by the book, my sunroof would still not operate with the motor but ran back and forth with no effort manually using crank. The motor works fine so suspected the transmission. Removed transmission and found that the motor drive did not turn the the main drive though the manual did! Assumed that the gearing on the motor drive was stripped. As the unit can opened by bending back the locking tabs, I opened it up. I was not able to find any stripped or damaged gearing threads but in turning the drive shaft , the main gear ring did not move . It moved fine from the center shaft. The main shaft has a flat section and there are two special washers that fit over this on the manual drive side. One is concave to act as a spring and apply pressure when the outer cover is pressed into place and peened over. It would appear that the washers apply enough pressure to allow the motor to turn gearing but not enough when the motor has run the roof to its limit.However, there is not enough tension now for that to happen! I noticed that if I left a small space on the opposite side of the gear ring it was tight enough to operate, so, I put the concave washer there and clamped it all together and it worked! There appears to be no information regarding the operation of this unit on the web. It's a Golde 627 647 796 and I was not able to make contact with the company. Maybe they no longer exist. I would appreciate any feed back from anyone re' this . Thanks. Morrelli .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!