928 Owner's Club Survey

• Andrew Olson
  • Andrew Olson's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Sep 2012 20:03 #10943 by Andrew Olson
928 Owner's Club Survey was created by Andrew Olson
In an effort to help build things for "our club" rather than tear them down, I thought it best to try and gather a little "Voice of the Customer." I've created a short survey instrument in Survey Monkey to help gather a little information from current, past, and potential future members of the OC.

Please take the survey below and please invite your fellow 928ers to take the survey (not everyone is here on rennlist). I will post the results at the end of the week.

The information gathered through this survey will be useful for anyone involved with the 928 Owner's Club. The link to the survey is listed below.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/YCG2WQ3

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2012 20:14 #10944 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Great idea :D
Hopefully you will get a great number of responses.

If you are trying to reach non 928 OC members as well, then I would suggest you post this in the "Say Good Morning Here" forum (available to non-928 OC members).

I would also be willing to post this verbatim as an announcement in this forum. Possibly the moderators could do so if you prefer.

I hope you are willing to share the results with the new board on 9/28.

Good luck with it.

• Andrew Olson
More
04 Sep 2012 21:17 #10947 by Andrew Olson
Replied by Andrew Olson on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey

Great idea :D
Hopefully you will get a great number of responses.

If you are trying to reach non 928 OC members as well, then I would suggest you post this in the "Say Good Morning Here" forum (available to non-928 OC members).

I would also be willing to post this verbatim as an announcement in this forum. Possibly the moderators could do so if you prefer.

I hope you are willing to share the results with the new board on 9/28.

Good luck with it.

Please feel free to re-post where ever you think the most eyeballs will see it. And of course, I will share the results - hopefully within the next week.

Thanks.

More
04 Sep 2012 21:46 #10948 by BvB
Replied by BvB on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
As I posted on RL: Thank you Andrew for stepping up here in a positive manner.

Survey taken.

More
04 Sep 2012 21:59 #10949 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Survey taken, thanks Andrew

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
05 Sep 2012 00:03 #10954 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
I hope everyone takes advantage of it. Great idea

More
05 Sep 2012 06:47 #10956 by srshaw3
As offered it is listed verbatim as an announcement to run a week.

I will leave it you, or the moderators, to consider posting it in the public forum if desired.

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Sep 2012 06:53 #10957 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Thank you Andrew..........survey completed :cool:

More
05 Sep 2012 06:55 #10958 by linderpat
Replied by linderpat on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Survey completed.

• Andrew Olson
More
05 Sep 2012 08:21 #10961 by Andrew Olson
So far, in less than 24 hours there have been 57 respondents! Wow! I haven't looked at the results yet, but plan to leave it up through the weekend just in case there are some people who only view this stuff on the weekends. When I close the survey I will post results here.

If you want to email the link to other 928 owners you know, please do so. I think the more voices we hear from the better. Just in case you need the link, it is:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/YCG2WQ3

No matter who ends up leading the OC, I think it is important that we, as a community, come together and I hope this survey will provide some initial insight to help with that in a positive manner.

More
05 Sep 2012 08:25 #10962 by denhamfly
Replied by denhamfly on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Life is good!!

More
05 Sep 2012 08:48 #10963 by Bilal Hasan
Replied by Bilal Hasan on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Just took the survey. Hope it helps.
Bilal
1990928S4Red
1991928GTBlack

More
05 Sep 2012 11:35 #10966 by Pool Shark
Replied by Pool Shark on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Survey Says......!!!!!

Less than 4 weeks away...... Cheers, Kevin

More
05 Sep 2012 15:12 #10972 by MGW-Fla
Replied by MGW-Fla on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Just emailed the link to the 50+ names I have for 928ers here in Florida. Hopefully many will take a minute to respond to help with input to provide ideas.

More
05 Sep 2012 20:59 #11007 by Ducman82
Replied by Ducman82 on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Done! ( now where is my kick back??) :-P

More
05 Sep 2012 22:16 #11008 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Survey DONE!

Thanks for putting that up AO! Looking forward to the results!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
08 Sep 2012 07:36 #11106 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Just an FYI, you can take this survey as many times as you want!

• Andrew Olson
More
09 Sep 2012 21:02 #11120 by Andrew Olson

Just an FYI, you can take this survey as many times as you want!

Well I hope you didn't stack the deck. It would be a real shame if but for a few people, the results were worthless... :confused:

So we got 117 responses. I can only see the first 100 because I'm not a pro user. Oh well.

Here are the responses.

1. Have you ever been, or are you currently a registered and paid member of the 928 Owner's Club?
I am a current member 70.0%
I am a former member 9.0%
I have never been a member 19.0%
Not sure 2.0%

Obviously most of our responses came from people that are members or thought they were members.

2. If you are a current member, or a previous member, how long have you been/were you a member? You may also leave a comment.

Current Member - 0-1 year 7.4% 6
Current Member - 1-3 years 27.2% 22
Current Member - 3-5 years 11.1% 9
Current Member - 5+ years 39.5% 32
Previous Member - 0-1 year 1.2% 1
Previous Member - 1-3 years 7.4% 6
Previous Member - 3-5 years 2.5% 2
Previous Member - 5+ years 3.7% 3

Looks like we have two (maybe 3) things going on here. "old guard" members, new members, and previous members.

3. What is your perception of the 928OC in general?
100% Positive- I wouldn't change a thing 9.1% 9
Mostly positive, but some things could be improved 42.4% 42
It's OK, I could take it or leave it 24.2% 24
Generally negative, most things need improvement but some are OK 22.2% 22
Completely negative, nothing is being done right in my opinion 2.0% 2

I would have hoped for a stronger "positive" response on this. The 24.2% negative is pretty troubling. We need to strive to move these negatives toward positives.

4. The annual membership dues for the 928 Owner's Club is approximately $30. Please rate the value of this provides?

The value from the 928OC is far greater than the cost of the dues 18.4% 18
The value is somewhat greater than the cost of the dues 21.4% 21
Value is equal to the cost 20.4% 20
There is some value, but not enough to justify the cost 27.6% 27
I believe there is no value for the cost of membership 12.2% 12

I find this very interesting - the response with the highest response is that that cost exceeds value. But you can split the responses down the middles and get almost equal weight on either side of the middle. Hmmm...

5. How involved have you been in contributing to the 928OC?
Very involved: I have hosted get-togethers (GTGs), and contribute often to the Owner's Club website 22.1% 21
Somewhat involved, I attend GTGs and contribute online 25.3% 24
Moderately involved: I maintain my dues and contribute online but haven't attended a GTG in person 8.4% 8
Not very involved, I read the online forum and maintain my dues 15.8% 15
Not involved at all 28.4% 27

I didn't expect this. I thought people would have been less involved. But this is a good thing. We need to keep it up.

6. How much do you value the membership premiums (t-shirt, first aid kit, flashlight, water bottle, Valve stem caps, etc.)?
I really like the membership premiums 16.3% 16
I think they are kind of cool 42.9% 42
I am neutral on them - neither like nor dislike 27.6% 27
I think they are not needed much 5.1% 5
I don't think they have any value at all 8.2% 8

I wasn't sure how this question was going to play out. I'm happy to see that people generally value the perks and premiums.

7. How often do you visit the 928 Owner's Club website or forum on a regular basis (not Rennlist)?
I go there almost every day 14.6% 13
I go there about once a week 20.2% 18
I go there about once a month 31.5% 28
I go there about once a year 16.9% 15
I can't remember the last time I went there 16.9% 15
I have never visited the site since I joined 0.0% 0

Majority of people visit the OC forum once a month or less. It would be interesting to see how many of these same people visit RL.

8. The 928OC offers specialized tools for loan to its members. Please rate your impressions of this program.
I think it's a great program 62.5% 60
I think it's an okay program 24.0% 23
I don't think it's a very useful program 10.4% 10
It's not useful at all 3.1% 3

I'm really encouraged by this. This is obviously a popular program and needs to continue and maybe get expanded.

9. The 928OC sometimes sponsors events for 928 owners and provides t-shirts or other memorabilia. Please rate your impression of this program?
I think it's a great program 69.1% 67
I think it's an okay program 27.8% 27
I don't think it's a very useful program 2.1% 2
It's not useful at all 1.0% 1

Another very popular program that needs to be continued or expanded if possible.

10. Please complete this questions: "If there was one thing the 928 Owner's Club could provide, I wish it would _________________."

There are 85 responses to this question. I haven't looked at them yet. I will try to look at them tonight and perhaps during the day tomorrow and try to categorize them into common groupings.

• Andrew Olson
More
09 Sep 2012 21:03 #11121 by Andrew Olson
On second thought... I guess I will let you guys see it first hand.

quit bitching on Rennlist about the OCIC. Wrong place to air the dirty laundry. Really looks bad. After buying a 928 in May of last year, my DFW 928 friends said I should join the Owners Club. I did and got a T-shirt and a license plate frame from James that advertised the club. I went to Third Coast which I believe was organized by Chuck Schreiber, Jim Mayzurk and Roger Tyson. I went to OCIC which I believe was organized by DFW 928 owners. At both events I got a T-shirt. I attend the DFW928 GTG every month. I volunteered my time for detailing sessions at OCIC. I didn't attend these events because of OCIC, I did it because of the people in the DFW 928 community. They are the reason I bought the car in the first place. BTW, I received an e-mail from James requesting I renew my membership about 30+ days ago. I don't think it expires for a few more months. I'm not sure what the dues cover other than getting a T-shirt.
9/9/2012 7:05 PMView Responses
publish technical info.
9/9/2012 11:25 AMView Responses
Actively maintain and solicit repair and troubleshooting information. For example, monitor all of the boards and obtain permission to include posts that further a solution or technique. Provide several approaches when possible.
9/8/2012 8:34 PMView Responses
Get me more involved
9/8/2012 4:27 PMView Responses
The tool program sounds good, but from what I've heard it takes a good deal of patience. Otherwise, I've seen nothing that gets me motivated to join. I do local 928 and PCA GTGs, Rennlist, Pelican and Rueterwerks.
9/8/2012 2:30 PMView Responses
I think a news letter would encourage taking part in the club. Just something NEW ever so often..members profiles, back story on ownership, ect.... Also UPDATE the break down help list. Organizing a repair section with procedures with photos...like Dwaye does. I use Dwaynes when I can find them but printing them is an issue because all the commemts by others imbedded. Edit his stuff ( with his approval...and a lifetime free membership for him in return ) to be a flowing visual procedure.
9/8/2012 1:49 PMView Responses
I'm just glad the group exists!
9/8/2012 1:24 PMView Responses
more 928 activities
9/8/2012 8:39 AMView Responses
more internation involvement
9/8/2012 8:35 AMView Responses
More GTG's
9/8/2012 8:33 AMView Responses
send out renewal notices, as some of us need reminding. change facebook page to allow "friending". Fix name on facebook: 928 owners "cub" makes it harder to find.
9/7/2012 9:37 PMView Responses
A Chicago event, middle of America with major transportation, roads, tracks for rent, good weather from spring to summer
9/7/2012 11:14 AMView Responses
have some local events in my area
9/6/2012 11:46 PMView Responses
not sure yet
9/6/2012 11:34 AMView Responses
update the 928oc.org website. It needs a facelift, and an easier/clearer way of navigating
9/6/2012 9:17 AMView Responses
The best thing about the 928 is the people it brings together.and keeps together over the years.As an overseas member I value this more than OC sponsored events although I have attended 5 OC sponsored events in the US and I value the friends I have made. I think the tool loan program is a good thing even if I never get to use it I don't object to contributing. As some parts for the 928 become NLA I would like to see the OC engage with alternative parts makers and suppliers to assist however it can to get alternative parts to market. Other than that I wouldn't change the current low key approach.
9/6/2012 7:12 AMView Responses
be updated
9/6/2012 12:31 AMView Responses
Better communication to its members at large.
9/5/2012 11:15 PMView Responses
i think its a great place! stay the course, change as needed to keep that heading!
9/5/2012 9:59 PMView Responses
Meet more often Nov thru Mar. I only keep the 928 to meet with other enthusiasts
9/5/2012 9:48 PMView Responses
I really enjoy 928 sponsored local get-togethers and regional events, like we've had in the past in Florida and New England. Also, really enjoy the OCIC and believe the 928 OC needs to continue to be part of that.
9/5/2012 9:40 PMView Responses
1. Make me more aware of it's presence. I tend to forget it is there. I would not mind informative e-mails about significant things going on, even if it is just to announce a get-together that is happening near me. Subscribing to different informative e-mails could be cool: Subscribe to events in your area; subscribe to e-mail threads (may be possible already - don't know); subscribe to weekly or monthly summaries of new thread titles; etc. 2. Make it more accessible. At one time, I forgot my password and could not get into the site, and there seemed no way for me to recover from that - I stopped trying to get into the site for quite a while because of that. I think it is better now - I believe the last time I visited the site, I did not need my password, or it was remembered.
9/5/2012 8:52 PMView Responses
Better communication to its members. An e-newsletter, email maybe even videos of gatherings or sponsored events would be nice for those that cant make them but would help promote the events and get people to experience them virtually and perhaps encourage them to join the next one.
9/5/2012 8:48 PMView Responses
"This questions"? Who learned you grammer? :) How about "(a) Promote and support regional and national GTG's with funding, publicity, assistance and goodies, and (b) Promote continuation of the model by providing support and publicity for small vendors, etc. What about a printed monthly or bi-monthly journal? If the OC would stop bickering and start working together then maybe this would be possible. Say what you want about the interweb, I look forward to the monthly regional and national PCA mag, and I don't even care for most of the cars they keep talking about!
9/5/2012 6:51 PMView Responses
Just what Mel is doing with this survey, getting us involved again at the various track events.
9/5/2012 4:25 PMView Responses
start a race team!
9/5/2012 4:22 PMView Responses
up date the web site. by the way , I did not receive any member premium this year. would like to buy the valve stem caps. Frank Vellake Gainesville Fl
9/5/2012 4:03 PMView Responses
Do more local events

• Andrew Olson
More
09 Sep 2012 21:10 #11122 by Andrew Olson
More...

9/5/2012 3:52 PMView Responses
Regional organized events, GTG, DE ( with PCA),drives, tech sessions/ weekend "fixit" GTG. Basically it needs to assist in more regional organization so people GTG and enjoy our cars. If we can get more people onto the website forum, this should be place to post such events. Need more activity on the site.
9/5/2012 3:08 PMView Responses
have a more formal "local chapter" structure with periodic tech sessions and get togethers.
9/5/2012 2:49 PMView Responses
Communicate on a more consistent basis
9/5/2012 2:17 PMView Responses
have more hit chicks! jk
9/5/2012 1:59 PMView Responses
Change up the meeting locations from time to time. I would like to get involved more.
9/5/2012 1:36 PMView Responses
Well three things come to mind: Better tool program: lets ditch the nicknacks (shirts are good, other gimmes are silly) and focus on the odd specialty tools to keep the cars on the road. Improve the roadside assistance program. This need to be much more accesible and portable. I dont think it could be navigated roadside in its current format. Maintain an active list of known good mechanics and shops which work on 928s. This list should include machine shops that provide engine assembly/rework, trans rebuilds, and just general service work. Lots of us DIY guys can install an engine or trans, but rebuilding is out of the questions - lets get a national list of vetted shops to do that kind of work.
9/5/2012 12:51 AMView Responses
become a 501(c)(3) organization (non-profit) so that those of us who volunteer our time, gas and shops could write off some of it on our tax returns. I am the Regional NY rep and I travel all around and use up a bit of my time volunteering and hosting GTGs and such.
9/5/2012 12:39 AMView Responses
Create and Highlight an events calendar for GTG and related events in the different regions... Cool car shows, track events,tech sessions,etc A link to display an actual calendar with dates of up coming, related events.
9/5/2012 12:32 AMView Responses
a new 928S
9/5/2012 12:18 AMView Responses
more technical assistance through the forums. The OC forums SHOULD be THE place to go for answers since it is owned by the OC and consequently the OC members. The forums should be used as a tool to entice owners to attend OC sponsored GTG's.
9/5/2012 12:10 AMView Responses
have more online activity. It has to be different then Rennlist for me to go to the website.
9/5/2012 11:15 AMView Responses
be more assertive in creating a community, by serving as the voice of the members. Leveraging additional market coverage, group buys, recognitions and arrangements associated with life/death events (Lapine, Hendrick), and expanding the tool loaner program all would add substance.
9/5/2012 10:50 AMView Responses
Vendor discounts for members International membership Members of the Board who have specific duties Increase the number of Board members
9/5/2012 10:29 AMView Responses
become more international. There was some effort in 2001 to establish a European Region by John Eifert but for some reason this was dropped again. Europe is devvied up between Porsche AG controlled 928 clubs for each country which doesn't suit all 928 owners.
9/5/2012 10:15 AMView Responses
I would like to see more "How TO" instructional information. I would also like to see more tools added to the 'loan' program. Would like to be able to order any 928 event t-shirts through the 928OC. Also should be able to buy any of the other trinkets through them.
9/5/2012 9:47 AMView Responses
I can only comment on one? Update the web site. The only time I hear from the OC is when it is time to renew membership, or it is time to vote. What about sending out event reminders before they happen.
9/5/2012 9:43 AMView Responses
Make the website easier to put pictures on!
9/5/2012 9:24 AMView Responses
Can't really think of anything. I get ALL my 928 information from RennList, whether it's technical or regarding 928 gatherings.
9/5/2012 9:18 AMView Responses
Encourage more 928 owners to join website / club, maybe an exclusive database of "how to's" ?
9/5/2012 9:12 AMView Responses
focus on sustaining and maintaining the larger 928 community. Attract the people and then embrace competitive websites, vendors and events of all forms.
9/5/2012 8:58 AMView Responses
Continue supporting the 928 community
9/5/2012 8:47 AMView Responses
News letter via e mail to tell status of club and events/get togethers
9/5/2012 8:37 AMView Responses
Parts swap. some way to sell or trade parts easily.
9/5/2012 8:31 AMView Responses
a periodical 'newsletter"... a regular communication on what's happened, happening, and going to happen. Possibly a note for our president and have people contribute articles and photos covering social, technical, and club events.
9/5/2012 8:28 AMView Responses
not
9/5/2012 8:27 AMView Responses
Consolidate, update and simplify the web site along with adding the 928registry to the fold. It only seems right that the registry is part of 928OC.
9/5/2012 8:25 AMView Responses
Reminder to pay dues sent to email, address, etc.
9/5/2012 8:02 AMView Responses
have a more robust technical library
9/5/2012 7:50 AMView Responses
More visibility. I think the OC could be a really good thing, but it needs more visibility to get folks interested, gain momentum, etc.
9/5/2012 7:33 AMView Responses
develop and maintain a comprehensive technical library and a permanent place to store 928 data.
9/5/2012 6:19 AMView Responses
I would like the website to be the destination of choice for 928 owners versus Rennlist
9/5/2012 6:19 AMView Responses
Split the technical data and knowledge base from the soap opera nonsense I see that is very common here. I'm not interested in ego centric dribble, I'm here to learn and contribute about my car
9/5/2012 5:22 AMView Responses
solidarity and lock out none members. Browsing is what RL is for
9/5/2012 1:01 AMView Responses
fully embrace the international 928 community.
9/5/2012 12:18 AMView Responses
be better promoted. Many don't even know about the OC, or they don't see its value and don't join. The OC needs to do some PR work to continue its membership growth.
9/4/2012 11:59 PMView Responses
act more like an organization for enthusiasts.
9/4/2012 11:41 PMView Responses
Dont know. Was going to join until I was turned off by the current leaderships attitude
9/4/2012 11:34 PMView Responses
Create/sponsor regional events that are meaningful to members and forget trying to compete w/ rennlist
9/4/2012 11:19 PMView Responses
A searchable repository of all the technical postings and articles that have been drafted by volunteer authors over the years.
9/4/2012 11:13 PMView Responses
be the acknowledged unified voice representing the views of 928 owners on all other forums ... for that to happen it needs to be more than just a 'club', and shouldn't be mimicking what forums do ... at the moment, to an extent, it's just 'more of the same'.
9/4/2012 11:09 PMView Responses
Get rid of it's crusty president, Stan Shaw. He's about to expire like a warm bowl of potatoe salad, on a hot summer day!
9/4/2012 11:06 PMView Responses
sorry, no idea.
9/4/2012 11:04 PMView Responses
Pay attention to the cars, and not so much the personalities involved.
9/4/2012 11:00 PMView Responses
Give away free 928s..just kidding. Have a recommendation section where we can recommend vendors and service providers, gifts, etc. Maybe in different categories. might make it easier to search and/or find helpful info. Maybe increase the section categories ....although I find it pretty easy to search as it stands today. Sometimes I wish we had more comments and threads, but then again, I also like the more laid back, less drama atmosphere here. It is a trade-off I guess. I joined this organization first for a reason.. :)
9/4/2012 10:59 PMView Responses
Proactively organize and sponsor regional events. There should be a target of X number of events of varying types (informal GTG's, drives, tours, tech sessions, etc.). These events would then be coordinated by regional reps, who would seek out volunteers to make it happen. For example: "New England: looking for someone to host a GTG in June"; "looking for someone to lead a fall foliage drive in October", etc. I think setting up a framework for the regional reps to follow, with guidelines (like X events per year, Y of each type), communicating this out to the membership, and then assisting the regional reps make it happen - then the reqional reps solicit hosts/volunteers. I think the greatest value of any club is the socialization around common interests, and the resulting friendships developed. Events don't need to be large scale or costly for this to work (even 5 or 10 attendees is good) - they just need to be fairly local (i.e.convenient), and numerous enough so that everyone can attend at least one per year.
9/4/2012 10:54 PMView Responses
better organization. Up to date website and membership happenings per region.
9/4/2012 10:40 PMView Responses
An updated roadside assistance list every 6-12 months
9/4/2012 10:26 PMView Responses

• Andrew Olson
More
09 Sep 2012 21:11 #11123 by Andrew Olson
And the last of it...

3&4) I belong because it gives credibility to 928 owners in light of other car groups, mainly PCA. I think we need an official 928 group. The 356ers, Cayman owners, etc have their own groups. If not separately, then perhaps something under or connected to PCA for the clout. The people in our local PCA know that I am the local 928 person & it has created the only exposure for 928s locally in PCA's eyes, which has been positive. I try to get us recognition with PCA, I think that positive exposure is good advertising for us. So they know of the 928 OC as an official group representing 928 owners & I think that is impt. The T-shirts, etc provide advertising for the OC. We had the only 298 OC gatherings that I am aware of that were noted in PCA's Panorama magazine, getting mentioned twice. You can't buy that exposure. To me $30 is not a really a factor. I've put on 11 GTGs & have incorporated all 928 owners I come across here into our email database if they want to receive any email, not just OC members. I'd guess that at least 75% of those who've attended our OC functions are not OC members. Not that I don't try to convince them to do so. The bigger and more prominent we appear to be, the more people will want to be a part of the group. The recent online fighting is an embarrassment, and the negativity is causing people to want nothing to do with the group. That has to change & will be a difficult thing to do unless they perceive the group as worthwhile & something they want to be a part of. 5) I've been an OC Rep since '05-06, & only recently even knew about the OC Forums after reading about them on RL. I quit looking at the OC web site years ago cause every time I went there it was the same stuff. I never receive any email or other notice advising me that the forums were updated. I'd say you need to use EMAIL to keep the members current on what is going on AND use Rennlist too, besides what ever the OC web site may end up as. The OC Forum competing with RL is ridiculous, others have tried & failed. The forum would be ok for a more technical useage, but not to compete with RL for day to day 928 conversation. The main web site needs a new face. The site looks 15 yrs old, black and yellow, two dimensional, with dead links, etc. Good Luck & Gooooo OC!!!
9/4/2012 10:26 PMView Responses
Forget the premiums, make membership and access free, charge for premiums, charge for advertising.
9/4/2012 10:08 PMView Responses
Not have developed into such a divisive election process in 2012
9/4/2012 10:08 PMView Responses
improve the web site.
9/4/2012 10:04 PMView Responses
Organize and archive technical and statistical data.
9/4/2012 9:49 PMView Responses
From my viewpoint the only program worth anything is the tool loan program. The maintenance and general discussion forum fon't come even close to Rennlist. The maintenance help program is difficult to use. The gifts upon joining are JUNK!
9/4/2012 9:48 PMView Responses
Have voluntary dues.
9/4/2012 9:29 PMView Responses
Less Drama
9/4/2012 9:28 PMView Responses
foster more get togethers. This isn't difficult to do, all it requires is a plan of where and what to do and communicating this to the masses. I've done it many times and I've never been an OC member. Get togethers are key to building the comraderie among 928 owners and building friendships. This is what creats a sense of community in my opinion.
9/4/2012 9:27 PMView Responses
host the OCIC.
9/4/2012 9:26 PMView Responses
This survey is OK but lacks getting at the heart of the club's challenges. Having served on several boards and held officer positions within other car clubs, I see the fundamental problem for the 928OC is having a consistent value proposition regardless of member location. This may not seem like a big deal, but if expecting $30 dues per year, what does the average member recvieve ? In the 2+ years I paid dues, my money was collected and I got nothing back. Sure, I could possibly receive goodies at events, but even that was not a sure thing. As example, I live on the west coast and have attended most of the Sharks in the Park and Sharks at the Lake events. OC higher ups claim to have "sponsored" these events, yet from talks with the "real" organizers, the sponsorship was in namesake only. This reflects poorly is an OC member hears this after paying their $30 as well as thinking that the OC higher ups are taking credit for efforts all being coordinated locally. "posers" comes to mind. Looking ahead, I would STRONGLY suggest that OC "management" take a step back and ask themselves to review the value proposition for the $30 per year. If all the advantages are free elsewhere (such as interest forums), then what is the value for the $30 tendered ? As example, within BMWCCA, they still publish Roundel as a good magazine and require local chapters to produce a newsletter. BMWCCA can directly show value for their $38 per year by producing two publications for members. Granted BMWCCA has thousands of members, but OC could produce something of higher value than simply repeating what's already out there. Possibilities might include quarterly online interest articles, not only how to's, but also member interest stories. Such articles might provide value beyond simple membership tallies or access to yet another forum. Speaking of forums, given the special nature of the 928, OC should have a goal for it's forum to be THE FORUM for 928. If OC cannot work a situation to wrangle owners to the OC forum, then that should be a huge indicator of something wrong with the OC and it's operation. 'nough said.
9/4/2012 9:21 PMView Responses
I wish the 928 OC would send out a regular communication that listed upcoming events and maybe an article or two.
9/4/2012 9:20 PMView Responses
stop competing with other web forums, work more closely with other 928 owner forums/lists/groups (e.g. 928.org.uk, amicale928.org, landsharkoz.com), and have a simple web shop for t-shirts, mugs and stickers. Oh wait, that's three things! Who needs a "Duffel bag".. seriously?
9/4/2012 9:15 PMView Responses
A collective voice to help spur manufacturers to continue to make parts and develop new parts.
9/4/2012 9:15 PMView Responses
provide MUCH less Drama! Waiting until after the elections, because I'm sure that'll happen.
9/4/2012 9:12 PMView Responses
merge with the Rennlist 928 forum. If that is absolutely not possible, then find a clear way to make RL and 928OC complementary to one another, with minimal/no overlap.
9/4/2012 9:11 PMView Responses
try to supplement Rennlist, rather than replace it. Examples: tool loaner program, roadside assistance contacts, repository for the best technical DIY instructions for various tasks. There's no need to try and re-invent the wheel with the OC Forums, RL already has the critical mass that will difficult, if not impossible, for any other 928 forum to ever overcome.
9/4/2012 9:10 PMView Responses
Hold more regional events. Comment: I would probably have rated 8 and 9 higher, but I haven't availed myself of either.
9/4/2012 9:06 PMView Responses
get along
9/4/2012 9:05 PMView Responses
Support local groups having GTGs for 928OC members. I think everyone should get a region-specific e-mail newsletter at least once a month, and there should be an ongoing conversation within each region that would foster more GTGs and friendships among locals.
9/4/2012 9:05 PMView Responses

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Sep 2012 21:39 #11124 by the flying scotsman
Good stuff Andrew........very encouraging.

85 of the 117 or 100 wrote comments? so glad most took the time to do that.

More
09 Sep 2012 22:36 #11125 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
Very good info, thank you for sharing Andrew.

More
10 Sep 2012 00:50 #11129 by srshaw3
Thank you for the results.

Good to see many member find good value from the club (my opinion from the questions results, not looking for an argument :) just my thought).

Clearly there are ways to improve existing services. Maybe a question to a future survey (if you want to continue) is to ask what program or services would be desired, with a list of ones that are feasible based on budgeting. Not saying it would be simple, or perhaps worthwhile to you, just a thought.

I did not read through the comments, I will leave that to the future leader to review and consider.

More
10 Sep 2012 06:31 #11130 by jwillman
Replied by jwillman on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
I think the results are pretty positive given the reason the survey was initiated.

I think the club does need to communicate its value better. I would like to see a quarterly email news letter updating membership on local and regional events of the club and our members.

Good luck to the new president and I look forward to the club continuing to get better.

The only way that will happen is with membership involvement!

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Sep 2012 07:04 #11131 by the flying scotsman
Theres folks over on RL indicating they cannot log on and see the survey results.

Not sure of details but wanted to get some attention from mods/admin.

More
10 Sep 2012 07:22 #11132 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey

Well I hope you didn't stack the deck. It would be a real shame if but for a few people, the results were worthless... :confused:

Not my style. Wouldn't make much sense for me as I like this club and want to see many changes made for the better also. I just wanted members to know the facts.

More
10 Sep 2012 07:36 #11160 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey

Theres folks over on RL indicating they cannot log on and see the survey results.

Not sure of details but wanted to get some attention from mods/admin.

Malcolm, I have copied this thread to the Say Good Morning Here forum so that non-members may now view the results.

More
10 Sep 2012 16:36 #11172 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
I found it good that the tool program is high on the list and I also like the idea of the news letter.
I think that the prez should send out a monthly news letter even if it is a short one.

I also hope that more of our 700 members, then the 117 that used the survey, took time to vote.
The 2010 vote was about as many as took the survey which I find very troubling.

Just my 2 cents

Brad

More
13 Sep 2012 20:14 #11236 by ROG100
Replied by ROG100 on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
I think the survey was limited to a number of responses - ie. 100 or so.
We sent it out to about 300 or our local DFW owners alone.
Many would not have had the chance to respond.
Can we expand the number of responses???
How about a OC survey to include all the members +++ non members?

More
13 Sep 2012 20:45 #11238 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic 928 Owner's Club Survey
I wonder if the number of folks who took the survey will correspond with how many will/have voted.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!