One of the areas that presently needs volunteers is the 928 Registry. Moving Chuck's Registry to this site is a monumental task, since each entry had to be individually re-created for this venue. Presently, due to a massive volunteer effort, every car now has an entry in the new Registry. The second tier info, however, is incomplete. Moving the second tier info involves going to the 'old' Registry, copying the photos and other info for each entry and pasting them into the new Registry, one by one. This is mindless but important work if we want the Registry to be as robust as it can be.
Other website areas that could use volunteer help are:
Regional Reps -
- Regional Representatives are needed for several Regions. Check the table under 'Resources' to see vacant Rep positions. If you're already a Rep, look to adjacent Regions and volunteer. One Rep can represent several Regions.
Roadside Assistance -
- Volunteer to offer Roadside Assistance in your area.
- Adding photos and paint chips for paint color database
- Review and approve Registry entries
- There are probably other areas where the OC could use some help. If there's something else that you'd like to do, we'd love to hear about it too.