1984 928 with a broken front spoiler

More
07 Jan 2012 19:20 #7676 by millerlarrym47
I had just picked up my car after getting the timing belt replaced etc. Since I didn't do it my self, I needed a trip to the bank. When I pulled in, I had forgotten how far my nose stuck out and I bumped the curb and broke the right sideof the front spoiler. I can't belive I made such a bone head move. My question to our club members what are my best options ? I havent crawled under to take a look because it has been raining like crazy. I looked up a front spoiler and it was $450. and didnt look like the whole part. does this come in 2 sections. Is it hard to replace for a non mechanic? I appricate any advice.
Thanks...Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2012 20:48 #7677 by 928mac
Well personally I would fiberglass the back, body fill the front and repaint.

You may want to stop by a local body shop and just ask them how much to repair such an item.

Brad

More
08 Jan 2012 00:06 #7678 by pcar928fan
One of mine has a plate riveted to the back side and the rivet head are just painted black with a paint pen...I guess they clamped it really well to hold it in place while the drilled the holes as the fit is pretty tight and from anything more than about 3' away you can't tell anything different about it.

Breaking them is quite common, don't feel to bad about it... You have learned your lesson this time and I bet it will be a long time before you do that again!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
08 Jan 2012 10:43 #7679 by 928mac
Ya but I bet it even feels worse the second time ha ha

More
08 Jan 2012 14:46 #7682 by Kiln_Red

Well personally I would fiberglass the back, body fill the front and repaint.

You may want to stop by a local body shop and just ask them how much to repair such an item.

Brad

+1... After all, it is just a chin spoiler.

More
08 Jan 2012 19:25 #7687 by millerlarrym47
Pcar928Fan, good idea, itsounds like something I can do. I'll also check the body shop.

More
09 Jan 2012 08:32 #7712 by WyattsRide
If you do go with removing and replacing with a new or even a good used one. It is something that could be done by a non mechanic. I've done it and it's not bad. The only thing is that you should get it warmed up a little before putting it on.

This question should be moved to another area by a moderator.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!