Things that go bump in the night and daytime!!

More
05 Mar 2012 08:14 #8408 by denhamfly
I finally had time to start dismantling my engine, my car is a 1985 and I think if you have the time with these older models you should take your intake off and replace all of the vacuum lines and hoses, everyone of mine was cracked. The car would have never ran to its potential! Also my wiring harness is very brittle I am thinking that it will need to be replaced too. While this is very time consuming and expensive, the way I look at it is the car is 27 years old and I am 52 if I change it now I will be 79 when it is time to do it again and I will probably not have a drivers license. So if you do the math it is not that much for a car that will last you the rest of your driving life.:cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2012 19:45 #8413 by 928mac

I finally had time to start dismantling my engine, my car is a 1985 and I think if you have the time with these older models you should take your intake off and replace all of the vacuum lines and hoses, everyone of mine was cracked. The car would have never ran to its potential! Also my wiring harness is very brittle I am thinking that it will need to be replaced too. While this is very time consuming and expensive, the way I look at it is the car is 27 years old and I am 52 if I change it now I will be 79 when it is time to do it again and I will probably not have a drivers license. So if you do the math it is not that much for a car that will last you the rest of your driving life.:cool:

ha ha ha ha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!