Charlotte 928 mechanic

• stevekw
  • stevekw's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2012 12:10 #8884 by stevekw
Charlotte 928 mechanic was created by stevekw
I have a 1987 928S4 that's turning over but not starting...we recently moved from Charleston SC to Davidson NC, so looking for a good local 928 mechanic

I've seen a few recommendations towards Raleigh, and in the 'mountains'...but wondered if there was someone right in Charlotte or a bit north that I should be talking with

...or whether I just need to go to out of town

In Charleston, Karl Troy at European Road & Racing has always been terrific, but it's a bit of a hike from NC.

I did get a referral to Eurowise in Charlotte...anybody have any experience with them? ...also Eurowerks, although recent changes, and/or Jim at Hendrick Porsche...although that just _sounds_ expensive

With thanks for any guidance

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 16:57 #8901 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Charlotte 928 mechanic
Brain failure... or maybe fuel pump failure. The brain failure is usually in the fuel pump area that sends the signal to the pump (at least as I understand it).

The S4's are dropping like flies these days. Not a cheap fix, but if you can find someone with an S4 and pull their brain out and plug it in to your car just to try you can at least do a quick diagnosis!

My '88 S4 did this 2 years ago. I had Rich Andrade out in AZ rebuild mine! Super guy and a 928OC Charter member! He does great work and is as reasonable as anyone else on this matter, but he does a better job. In fact he has rebuilt several from other rebuilders of the EZK/LH system!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
13 Apr 2012 21:05 #8908 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Charlotte 928 mechanic
Steve, have you checked for spark?
if you have spark pour some gas down the MAF (1/4 cup)
and see if it try's to fire.

If you dont have spark then we can look at possible causes.

fuel and spark and it should try to run.

Brad

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!