Dam my car is down

More
11 May 2012 21:29 #9143 by 928mac
Dam my car is down was created by 928mac
it went into a speed wobble the other day but at 60 mph when the tire hit a bump on the highway.

Kind of freaked me out.

I just climbed under and the steering rack was moving but the nuts were tight.
pulled the cover off and the mounts are wiped out SHUZBUT!!

quickly phoned and then sent Roger at 928Rus an e-mail to see if he can get them on a over night tomorrow. (i hope he phones me back tonight)

The worst part is I dont think I can do them in the car. I wonder if my ball joint press will fit under there and take them out.

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2012 00:46 #9145 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Dam my car is down
How did this happen and I am having a hard time understanding exactly what the problem/worn part is... Pics???

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
12 May 2012 01:18 #9148 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Dam my car is down

How did this happen and I am having a hard time understanding exactly what the problem/worn part is... Pics???

I think the old oil leak softened the rubber on the steering rack mounts and they finally failed. when this happens the rack can move around a bit because of the play around the bolts.

ILL post a pic later.

Its just the car will be down till the new rack bushings show up which will be soon as a friend had some spare ones.

More
12 May 2012 14:51 #9149 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Dam my car is down
I was thinking that this is the first time I had a part fail before i replaced it.
It is kind of like being let down in a way but i know it is my fault for not fixing the oil leaks sooner when i first got the car.

I also knew something was wrong when I was having trouble setting up the front end but I did not have anyone wiggle my steering wheel while I watched, or I would have seen it. :o

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!