in Aiken SC area

• lrpman
  • lrpman's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2012 22:34 #9558 by lrpman
in Aiken SC area was created by lrpman
Need to get the 928 aligned since I replaced the rear suspension anybody know of a SAFE place that has done these cars? I have freaked out the local shops since it is not something they can just plug and play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lrpman
More
20 Jun 2012 08:36 #9560 by lrpman
Replied by lrpman on topic in Aiken SC area
Any interest in a Shark Meet in the Aiken SC, Augusta GA area? IF you want a FORMAL thing that can be done, if you want a BBQ and Zombie shoot that can also be done.
See if anyone is in on this and we will go from there.

More
21 Jun 2012 09:04 #9575 by jWs
Replied by jWs on topic in Aiken SC area
The Zombie Shoot is a definate sell for me !
:D

More
23 Jun 2012 22:11 #9590 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic in Aiken SC area
Sorry I'm in Va, but if worst comes to worst, just tell them not to lift it but roll it back and forth to take the readings....better yet, find a place that has a pit. I did up here and have them do my oil and alignments. I also gave them the specs for the alignment to use,,,nicely.....and it has worked out well. Plus they used to so Indy cars here a long time ago, so special requests are not a big deal for them. There is also the do it yourself method,,,,if you are into that type of thing.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

• lrpman
More
23 Jun 2012 22:25 #9591 by lrpman
Replied by lrpman on topic in Aiken SC area

Sorry I'm in Va, but if worst comes to worst, just tell them not to lift it but roll it back and forth to take the readings....better yet, find a place that has a pit. I did up here and have them do my oil and alignments. I also gave them the specs for the alignment to use,,,nicely.....and it has worked out well. Plus they used to so Indy cars here a long time ago, so special requests are not a big deal for them. There is also the do it yourself method,,,,if you are into that type of thing.

Thank you, we strung the car like we do the Modified and used the toe gauge but I THINK that the right rear, which get bent and I replaced it, is the problem with the adjuster not being TIGHT enough and it moved. I will take another try and If I am still not happy I will load it up and take it to Brumos in Jacksonville they did all my 951 work for me.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!