What do you know about this car

More
05 Aug 2012 22:06 #9966 by 928mac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2012 20:12 #9990 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic What do you know about this car
It was DR's old car. When he had it the thing was gorgeous and probably pretty fast.

Like a friend here locally who likes to boost his cars I suspect he was smart enough to sell it before failures started that he would have to admit might well be caused by boosting an engine that was NEVER intended to be boosted! I am STILL skeptical about doing that with our cars!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
07 Aug 2012 00:04 #9996 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic What do you know about this car

I am STILL skeptical about doing that with our cars!

Remember the quote from liar liar when Max tells his dad that his teacher said "Real beauty is on the inside", to which he replies, "That's just something ugly people say"?

What you just said is "Just something OLD people say"!

:-)

More
07 Aug 2012 10:58 #10004 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic What do you know about this car
Tuning is the largest issue when you are boosting, hence the reason i've not stuck my foot in to it all that hard.................yet. :D

As to this one, it wasn't running right when the guy got it and then thought it would be a great idea to up the boost to 10psi and crank the fuel up even more. Some people should not be allowed to have tools.

For what its worth, this car ran fantastic while it was down here for the Texas Mile, it ran great from idle to red.

More
07 Aug 2012 17:55 #10017 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic What do you know about this car

Remember the quote from liar liar when Max tells his dad that his teacher said "Real beauty is on the inside", to which he replies, "That's just something ugly people say"?

What you just said is "Just something OLD people say"!

:-)

Well, you got me dead to rights there my young Padawan! I am INDEED OLD! But remember, so too are our cars! ;)

Sean has it right though. The real key is to have them tuned right or you will most certainly break them! Tuned right there is still a greater risk than if you keep them stock, but it is far less of a risk than if you just bolt some crap on the car and go driving thinking everything will just be fine! In fact I know that when Robinson does one of his cars he will spend as many hours (or more!) tuning the damn thing that he spent installing the system that he is tuning!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
07 Aug 2012 21:37 #10022 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic What do you know about this car
from DR Daves last comment it looks like it will need a complete engine rebuild and the blower will not work on my 89 so I wont look at it any more. :(

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!