Aug 6th good morning everyone

More
06 Aug 2012 09:35 #9975 by 928mac
Its a holiday monday and looking like a fine day.
I have some renovation work to do today, what are your plans? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2012 10:29 #9978 by denhamfly
I Finished up taking my engine apart yesterday. Took all the measurements, crank, cylinder and so on. Everything looked good. Now have to buy rings and main bearings. Any suggesting on where to get these parts?

:confused:

More
06 Aug 2012 10:35 #9980 by srshaw3
You can shop around, but if you want advise, you may want to pay what it takes to get it through a 928 vendor. (928gt.com, 928intl.comm 928srus.com, 928motorsports.com).

With the rings you will need to know what size pistons, as if I recall correctly there are standards, +1 and +2. Presumably you know the 928 motor is not honed, and a special processing is needed if you have any cylinder issues. Rod bearings will need to be fit properly of course as well :)

More
06 Aug 2012 19:24 #9987 by 928mac
Hey Oscar;

Wow you are going at it eh. Good job at getting at it so fast.
Please refresh my memory, why were you replacing rings and bearings?
Is the milage high? or are you just making it like new?

Like Stan said, any of the top 4 can direct you even though I think 928intl is more for buying used parts. 928MS is more rock your socks performance parts but like most Perf parts some times mods are required to make them work.
928rus is very good at telling you all your options and most his are stock replacements or upgrades. I have no experience with 928gt but have not heard anything bad either.

Brad

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!