Wow 28 members and 54 guest

More
15 Aug 2012 13:08 #10171 by 928mac
Wow 28 members and 54 guest was created by 928mac
We should have more elections "ducks" :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2012 13:14 #10172 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
The election and the drama that is unfolding on RL I believe is driving this. I have to admit that I frequent RL mostly and only check in here.That will change going forward, at least for me, and I think that right now potential new members are looking in to see why they should join. So everybody be on your best behavior!
Ed

More
15 Aug 2012 13:22 #10173 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
I don't think we have yet seen bad behavior here.
There have been a few additional signups to the forum recently.

More
15 Aug 2012 17:01 #10178 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest

I don't think we have yet seen bad behavior here.
There have been a few additional signups to the forum recently.

Hopefully it stays that way. At least over here I know I'm not going to read some drama that would make high-school girls take notice.

More
16 Aug 2012 11:11 #10214 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
What I think people fail to realize over there is that RL is operated by Internet Brands. John D. doesn't run it anymore. If IB thinks that RL is not making enough money for IB, they can just shut down. All that knowledge and tips, and know-how would be gone.

The OC website is operated for 928 owners.

I have been making a habit of cross-posting things that I think will be beneficial to 928 owners so that that information stays around.

This not about RL versus the OC website. It's about keeping the information in the hands of the people that it most can help in the present and in the future.

More
16 Aug 2012 12:37 #10216 by srshaw3

What I think people fail to realize over there is that RL is operated by Internet Brands. John D. doesn't run it anymore. If IB thinks that RL is not making enough money for IB, they can just shut down. All that knowledge and tips, and know-how would be gone.

I have been making a habit of cross-posting things that I think will be beneficial to 928 owners so that that information stays around.

This not about RL versus the OC website. It's about keeping the information in the hands of the people that it most can help in the present and in the future.

I am glad someone understands that. I have said that for years, and while I have sentimental attachment to the 928 OC and what we have accomplished, most important to understand, as you have stated, is that the contents belong to the *928 Owner Club members*. That is also true of the 928s4vr.com website that we took on many years ago.

More
16 Aug 2012 14:51 #10218 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
Good thing is the vast majority of the information that rennlist has in its database can be replicated over here. But it would take RL going down for us to re-generate it.

I'm glad to see more looking over here and I would hope that it would continue even after the elections.

More
16 Aug 2012 17:23 #10220 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
EXACTLY right Drift King and we are glad to have you posting over here regularly too!

Sean, totally agree with your points as well! How many folks have even gone to the top of the home page to revisit 928s4vr of late? I love that we have that here! We didn't save it all, but we saved the majority of it I think! Phil Tong put his heart and soul in to that and I love that we still have it! Great resource that is underutilized by newbies (and seasoned alike I think!)

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
18 Aug 2012 10:04 #10262 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
Can the 928OC take over 928registry?

More
18 Aug 2012 11:05 #10263 by srshaw3

Can the 928OC take over 928registry?

I have offered to the current owner many times in the past, but it hasn't happened. :confused:

More
18 Aug 2012 20:30 #10274 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
I would love to see that. We were able to take over the 928s4vr site many years ago and it is STILL a great resource. Perhaps we don't refer to it enough or maybe it is hidden on the home page to much, but it is great to have that. It would also be great to have 928 Registry right here on the 928OC home page and to have it set up so that it can be easily updated... Lots of folks want to put their cars in the registry!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
19 Aug 2012 01:14 #10275 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest

I would love to see that. We were able to take over the 928s4vr site many years ago and it is STILL a great resource. Perhaps we don't refer to it enough or maybe it is hidden on the home page to much, but it is great to have that. It would also be great to have 928 Registry right here on the 928OC home page and to have it set up so that it can be easily updated... Lots of folks want to put their cars in the registry!

I agree, easy access is very important

More
19 Aug 2012 07:47 #10282 by WyattsRide

I have offered to the current owner many times in the past, but it hasn't happened. :confused:

I don't understand the reluctance of the owner.

If 928OC does ever convince Chuck to let us take over the Registry, I would volunteer to help in anyway I could in keeping it updated.

It's such a great site with so much information right now, that it's a shame it's not being updated. :(

More
19 Aug 2012 15:02 #10290 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic Wow 28 members and 54 guest
I'm not sure it's really reluctance. It would be worth your effort to try getting in touch with him yourself possibly. He's almost never online it seems, so unless you can actually talk to him about it, we'll likely not have a solid answer for some time.

I can send you his email if you would like. I don't think it's listed here any longer.

More
19 Aug 2012 20:10 #10306 by srshaw3

I'm not sure it's really reluctance. It would be worth your effort to try getting in touch with him yourself possibly. He's almost never online it seems, so unless you can actually talk to him about it, we'll likely not have a solid answer for some time.

I can send you his email if you would like. I don't think it's listed here any longer.

I wish I could provide more information. I checked my email correspondence with Chuck, and he clearly stated I was not to provide any details of our discussions.

More
19 Aug 2012 20:40 #10309 by WyattsRide
I'm pretty sure Chuck was at Frenzy last year and I think he was at Hershey this year. Both times I was not introduced to him. If he's at Frenzy this year I'll introduce myself and maybe I'll corner him about this. :D

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!