James Morrison for President

More
18 Aug 2012 16:10 #10266 by Feather
In my extensive experience with volunteer organizations such as this Owners Club I have seen that the bulk of the membership is in it for what they might get in return for their buck, but that the successful organizations are the ones run by the members who pay their dues and then ask "what more can I do to make this organization a success."

James Morrison is the candidate, in my firm opinion, who has gone above and beyond not only his dues, and his extensive participation in many OC sponsored events, by being a presence for the Owners Club, but by his extensive efforts behind the scenes in helping to keep the Club progressing.

I think Jame's foresight in declining to run last time for President tells a lot about his own perception of what the job takes and how he saw himself being ready. His wait for another year has given him much more hands on experience with the organization and has allowed our present President to complete his own successful reign as our leader.

I encourage you to vote with me for James Morrison.

Sincerely, Jerry Feather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2012 17:29 #10269 by Feather
Just in case you didn't figure it out for yourself, the voting is going on right now. If you go to the OC General Discussion forum at the top there is an announcement about the nominations. Click on that and it gives you a link to the actual ballot. Vote Now. Vote for James M.

Jerry Feather

More
18 Aug 2012 20:26 #10273 by pcar928fan
Thank you for the kind words Jerry! I really appreciate then and your support!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
19 Aug 2012 01:25 #10276 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic James Morrison for President
I think it is obvious through all this that it needs to be made clear the difference between RL and the OC.

People need to know that if you just want to chat, then maybe RL is the only place you need to go.

WHY JOIN THE 928 Owners Club

Well if you want to have a journal for your car, we have that for you

If you are traveling and want the road side contacts, we have that for you.

If you have a hard time searching for help on RL, we have a Tech section and can help.

If you need a tool or have an event we can help

we do have a general and good morning thread to chat on but it dose not have the, umm excitement that RL has, and really, .... we like it that way.

Am I close or am I out to lunch ;)

More
19 Aug 2012 02:16 #10278 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic James Morrison for President
Very good Brad!

Also, I would like to point out that we won't single you out or make you feel like trash for no particular reason like sometimes happens on RL.

I'm fairly certain we are all adults here and can act accordingly. RL, not so much.

More
19 Aug 2012 05:37 #10279 by srshaw3
I think also overlooked is that with the 928 OC, the members own the content.

Also, why pay a Rennlist fee, when what is being offered there is the "people" when you have the most knowledgeable 928 people here at the 928 OC, already included in that membership. Rennlist is an *extra* cost.

More
19 Aug 2012 05:52 #10281 by Kiln_Red

Also, why pay a Rennlist fee, when what is being offered there is the "people" when you have the most knowledgeable 928 people here at the 928 OC, already included in that membership. Rennlist is an *extra* cost.

VERY well put.

More
19 Aug 2012 19:41 #10302 by pcar928fan
Brad,
I think you are right on the money my friend!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
19 Aug 2012 23:49 #10312 by 928mac
I would also Like to say that RL has a lot of good topics and conversation.
I always have both open at the same time and if I am skimming RL and I see a good topic
i will ask the OP to copy it to here if they are a member, and if they are not would they mine for me to.

I really do not think there should be any competition between the to sites.

I think it is a good idea to maintain the separation of certain personalities though.

For example.
as a musician I joined a site called acidplanet.
thousands of musicians all over the world upload their demos so that they have a copy date stamp.
The Acid exchange is a spin off of it but more of a chat forum BUT you had to be invited by a member and it was voted on before your IP address was let in.

They selected personalities they liked but there were times that it was just like RL or worse.

More
23 Aug 2012 00:53 #10435 by pcar928fan
Been getting a lot of emails from members... Thanks so much for all your support and votes! Your kind words have been uplifting to me! This has not been much fun frankly and to think we still have a couple of weeks to go...

Anyway, I have proven how much work I am willing to do for the club and only you guys can help me continue that effort and with your help (and thanks to those who have a renewed excitement and willingness to help) we will make the 928 Owners Club bigger, better and stronger!

You guys are AWESOME! What a great community we have here!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
23 Aug 2012 07:25 #10438 by srshaw3

Been getting a lot of emails from members... Thanks so much for all your support and votes! Your kind words have been uplifting to me! This has not been much fun frankly and to think we still have a couple of weeks to go...

Anyway, I have proven how much work I am willing to do for the club and only you guys can help me continue that effort and with your help (and thanks to those who have a renewed excitement and willingness to help) we will make the 928 Owners Club bigger, better and stronger!

You guys are AWESOME! What a great community we have here!

Nice post James, it is good you have been hearing from those that support you. You certainly have earned their appreciation. :D

More
23 Aug 2012 10:20 #10443 by 928mac
BTW I gave an explaination and re-opened the thread that was closed.

Pass the word around

Brad

More
23 Aug 2012 21:11 #10508 by Hacker-Pschorr

Why do you insist on muddying up this thread that is intended to be a positive campaigning base for James?

Rennlist an "extra" cost? Really?

Here are four non-members (meaning they haven't paid a dime at the time of this post) receiving help on Rennlist - just within the last 48 hours.

forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...emoval-bearings.html
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...val-alternative.html
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...kle-replacement.html
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...r-hard-throttle.html

Why Stan? Why do you insist on trying to drive a stake between the various 928 sites? Why does it have appear like it's your game or you will take your ball and go home?

As for the atmosphere on Rennlist, that's what happens when you have thousands of regular visitors and posters.
If the OC ever grows to that size and forum activity (which would be awesome) it will be the same here. Unless the moderators decide to censor and delete everything that isn't fuzzy rainbows and unicorns.

More
23 Aug 2012 21:22 #10509 by srshaw3

Why do you insist on muddying up this thread that is intended to be a positive campaigning base for James?

Rennlist an "extra" cost? Really?

Here are four non-members (meaning they haven't paid a dime at the time of this post) receiving help on Rennlist - just within the last 48 hours.

forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...emoval-bearings.html
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...val-alternative.html
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...kle-replacement.html
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...r-hard-throttle.html

Why Stan? Why do you insist on trying to drive a stake between the various 928 sites? Why does it have appear like it's your game or you will take your ball and go home?

As for the atmosphere on Rennlist, that's what happens when you have thousands of regular visitors and posters.
If the OC ever grows to that size and forum activity (which would be awesome) it will be the same here. Unless the moderators decide to censor and delete everything that isn't fuzzy rainbows and unicorns.

Rennlist, RL was mentioned in a previous post. Are you suggesting I can't or shouldn't comment on that? Others have posted how Rennlist provides this or that, but to point out one of the issues of Rennlist isn't appropriate in your view?

I don't agree that the 928 OC needs to have the same issues. If the moderators under the direction of the 928 OC board dictates otherwise. I suggest to you that many 928 OC member do not want the same environment so will support a different environment here.

I have participated in other large forums, they aren't like Rennlist. Rennlist's personality is the result of what was tolerated and/or promoted. It clearly suits certainly people, I don't agree it must be that way.

More
24 Aug 2012 20:08 #10540 by srshaw3

Yet you have no problem with your moderators starting threads making fun of non-members and what ever issues they may have at the time? Sterling? This is the sort of organization you are promoting and wish for?

I don't know the background, and presumed that Brad knew Sterling well enough that it was an inside joke. This would be up to Brad to explain.

Sorry Stan, the tone this place has taken in just the past 2 weeks is real upsetting.

I agree, but I think we have different views. There have been a few that never were here, and haven't bothered to investigate what has been developing, yet they had no issue with criticizing and suggesting they can improve. I don't agree with that tone at all.

More
24 Aug 2012 20:14 #10542 by Kiln_Red

Yet you have no problem with your moderators starting threads making fun of non-members and what ever issues they may have at the time? Sterling? This is the sort of organization you are promoting and wish for?

Sorry Stan, the tone this place has taken in just the past 2 weeks is real upsetting.

I assume, once the election is over, many who have made posts here in the previous two weeks will run out of the entertainment that have driven them to comment. Maybe the negativity will follow them.

More
24 Aug 2012 20:52 #10547 by Kiln_Red

Yet, when you get new people coming over, you close forums where discussion is going on, from potential members. Huge mistake but I'm not running for office.

Being assholes to those that come here to see what is going on is not going to get entice them to join. I stopped participating for the most part because there is nothing going on here. I'd add some content and the same two people would post on it or no posting at all. Waste of my time to continue doing so. I'll pop in and answer a question or two if I see it's warranted but the lack of anyone coming here is why all the tech remains on R-list/pelican/Reutterwerk. Stans attitude towards all of them is amusing at best and self destructive at worst. One should go where the people are.

James has done a wonderful job as Membership chair and I don't think he'd be a bad president, but I'd like to see more done with the club and want to give AO the chance.

So someone here has been steering away prospective new members with our rudeness toward them? Example??

More
24 Aug 2012 21:26 #10550 by pcar928fan

James has done a wonderful job as Membership chair and I don't think he'd be a bad president, but I'd like to see more done with the club and want to give AO the chance.

Thank you Sean about the membership comment. Glad you recognize the effort there. As for "not being a bad president"...well, lets just say I have a solid track record there! Hill Country Region PCA was the fastest growing region of its size while I was president. So far this has been the best two years of membership growth that the 928 club has seen in more than 6 years!

Not sure what more AO has in mind... He never says. Just that he can bring "change". That is for sure, since he does not have clue what the club has been doing over the last two years. Hell he has not even been a member up until 2 months ago. I am certain if he is elected he will be surprised by all that goes on here. If AO had shown ANY interest in the club in the last two years or stood up to take responsibility for ANY program (or start a new program that he feels we are lacking) I would be all for him standing for election, but that has not been the case.

Here are a few things we are doing, for those who have popped over from RL to see what all the fuss is about:

928 Owners Club Roadside Assistance Program. Find another club with the kind of "roadside" program we have worked on over the last two years. Yes, other clubs have AAA or other commercial roadside plans but a club our size can't even begin to afford something like that I wouldn't think (at least not as an included benefit, but perhaps there would be something of a group purchase type discount that could be worked on), but our program is more about fostering friendships across the 928 community and helping folks in need as they travel. I have seen it work at least 3 times and it has been AWESOME!

928 Owners Club Tool loaner program...probably some other clubs do this too, but it is pretty dang cool! Lots of shade tree mechanics who could use some of these specialty tools...ONCE...or maybe twice in their 928 ownership, but of course would never spring for those expensive tools.

928 Owners Club Technical forum... While all this info is available in many different locations on the web, I like that we have organized it well here and put it all in one place! With help from the members we will continue to build that resource!

Anyway, those are just the two examples I like best!

I'll will reiterate again some of the things that I would like to do...

Get the Regional Reps more active. We have pockets of very active RR's. Michael Rubin has been the super stud in the NYC area over the last few months since he took over! I think he has organized three drives so far! AWESOME!

Mel Ward is getting folks in Northern FL moving again. In fact he and Francois in Southern FL have been working to get all of FL playing with their 928's together over the last 18 months! Great to see! Lots of 928's in FL and it has the possibility of being one of the bigger more active Regions.

Remaking the "928 Journal" in a simpler online format. This is not my area of expertise but I do have a list of folks who have expressed interest in writing an article or two for us all to enjoy. I will need someone better with web publication to make this happen. My thought is to have each individual "article" in a form that can be read and enjoyed online as well as downloaded for those who would rather read it offline. Of course we would want to include pics with the articles as well, so I don't know if a Word doc or a pdf would work best, but I bet we have someone here who knows which is best and how to make that happen.

Of course I (and the future Membership Chair) will keep up their contacts on RL, RW, and Pelican encouraging folks to join the OC so that we can keep the growth rate going. With more articles, the tool loaner program and roadside assistance I think we have much to offer. As well as our own forum here for business, technical support and pleasure.

All the best my friends!

Vote James for President of the 928OC and lets continue the growth! :D

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
25 Aug 2012 04:04 #10563 by srshaw3

Yet, when you get new people coming over, you close forums where discussion is going on, from potential members. Huge mistake but I'm not running for office.

Being assholes to those that come here to see what is going on is not going to get entice them to join. I stopped participating for the most part because there is nothing going on here. I'd add some content and the same two people would post on it or no posting at all. Waste of my time to continue doing so. I'll pop in and answer a question or two if I see it's warranted but the lack of anyone coming here is why all the tech remains on R-list/pelican/Reutterwerk. Stans attitude towards all of them is amusing at best and self destructive at worst. One should go where the people are.

Sean, nobody has bothered to complain, yourself included, until now. So expecting anyone here to "know" that change is desired or needed is hard to tell, as I keep saying we have seen 40% growth, so perhaps the people out there that don't like the other forums, like this one.

Personally I can not recall when I have been on any of the others except for Rennlist just recently. Finding anything of value in any of the is extremely time consuming. There are a few places I check, including here, as a technical reference, but Google still works quite well for me. Sometimes it will point at a forum, and usually when I check in, the time it takes to weed through all the "in before the delete" posts is too inefficient for me.

My attitude is definitely not "self" destructive, but perhaps you mean it is destructive towards the 928 OC. I don't see getting the handful of constant posters at those forums over to the 928 OC as critical, or perhaps even important. Those frequent posters know about the 928 OC and are either non-volunteering uncommunicative members or people who want a different environment than here. I have reached some in the past, and others have issues with the 928 OC from before my involvement that they can not let go.

As a mission I have tried to reach the new 928 buyers and the 928 owners that want a mature efficient environment to improve their experience with the 928. Certainly people not looking for that, are going to look elsewhere.

With regard to the forum that was re-closed to non-members, there was one poster who came in and quite frankly posted as a troll. You may think this person intended to bring value in, but pointing out what was lacking in the 928 OC brought no value to the discussion. If that person had asked the candidates what they were going to do about those issues in a polite manner, and the candidates answered, it would have been quite useful.

Just a data point. When McLovin first registerd, he provided the name McLovin McLovin. When I advised that a complete name was required, he questioned the policy and point at the signup form, where the word "required" is specified. The email he has had the name "false" rather than a real name. I said nothing of this, prior to this point. But *everything* he did was just what a troll would do, including trying to remain anonymous.

Just out of curiosity I just check McLovin at Rennlist, and under his name it is listed as "banned", that seems pretty ominous, doesn't it? I also note he is not a Rennlist member either.

So I will repeat, there may be those with issues or concerns, but they have been completely *silent* until now, so there was *no* opportunity to address them without mind reading capability.

And still we know nothing of what Andrew would do about any of this, just vague statements. I keep asking, but there is a deafening silence.

More
25 Aug 2012 09:08 #10575 by Dean_Fuller
Let me say as an "outsider" not privy to the "history" of whats gone one here I am thoroughly confused. There are people I trust implicitly that are STRONGLY on BOTH sides of the fence on this one.

I really don't know which way to side if I side at all. I THINK both sides honestly believe they are doing whats best for the OC.

Just wanted to post to let everyone that's a veteran to the OC what all this is doing to a newcomer like me. I guess I DID miss a lot from 2008 to present.

Whomever takes over the reins I will HELP all I can. Maybe by next go around it will be clearer as to the direction I FEEL is best and vote accordingly.

STAN...You have done a great job at what looks like a thankless position. Frankly I don't know why anyone would want to be president in this atmosphere...I know I would of just walked away to aid in lowering my blood pressure.

James and Andrew....whomever ends up the next head honcho...PLEASE HELP heel this club somehow of the division that has grown. PLEASE don't add to it.

To the membership...Lets support whomever wins with all we have. If, by next election you feel the president needs replaced, then vote accordingly.

In the end this should all be FUN. Its a car club. I want to come here and enjoy reading the forums...not attacks between "my friends".

More
25 Aug 2012 20:36 #10582 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic James Morrison for President
Great comment Brad - you are indeed right on!

James for Prez - absolutely, he has consistently demonstrated passion, commitment and consistency.....!

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
25 Aug 2012 22:12 #10586 by 928mac
Since the Sterling Tread is in question, I will remove it.
I really Really never ment to insult anyone.

I wish you would have come to me privately Sean and explained, I would not have let it continue.

Brad

More
26 Aug 2012 15:43 #10602 by pcar928fan
Guys, thanks again for all the offers to help and the kind words via, email, PM and phone! Most appreciated!

Great news as I have already had a volunteer step up to the plate to help with a Newsletter/928 Journal. We will have to discuss what form this will actually take but I agree with the idea that there needs to be a regular mailing (email...snail mail is just to expensive to print and send) to members letting them know what is new with the club and how things are going... Probably be more a newsletter/ letter from the President/ State of the Club type mailing. Then we will probably have a specific link here on the Forum for "928 Journal" (the old link is on the main page) and that likely would be a members only area where our membership writes 928 related articles and we put them up on the forum! Could well be the best source of 928 Article content on the web inside a year. We just don't have many articles being done on our cars these days so we just need to do it ourselves. We have plenty of talented writers here!

Lots of other great things in the works too my friends! Get out there and get your 928OC friends to vote for me and lets make things even BETTER than they have ever been!

Thanks again to all my supporters and friends!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
26 Aug 2012 22:41 #10626 by 928mac

Brad, you know damn good and well that you were not one of Sterlings favorite people so please do not play dumb here.

You started that thread to piggyback on a Rennlist thread that you had nothing to do with. You seemed to want to start a discussion about Sterling here, as opposed to the place the thread was posted and I can only assume you did so because you did not feel comfortable doing so in the original thread. No answer me this, why?

Yes, I started the "Sterling is a Pussy" thread because I consider him to be one of my best friends. If you also looked in to it you would know how, and why that thread got to it's epic status.

As you are sure to show anyone else here, if you don't have 50 to 100 posts they should shut up, and I will give you the option of shutting the fuck up when it comes to Sterling. Because you know nothing about him, his car or his friends.

If you so feel the need to post another thread about him, his car or anyone else you don't know. Please keep that in mind.

And do not delete this post, because if you do, I'll just keep re-pasting it in the forums.

Sean I never new that. 1 time Sterling told me he did not need my input on the intake thread, but maybe he was ticked at all the suggestions, how am I to know. But thanks for clearing it up as you are his close friend you will know more.
At least we know that none of us are friends.

BTW the F word in not to be use on here the same as on most forums

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!