Not much 928 to say

More
26 Aug 2012 23:45 #10636 by 928mac
Not much 928 to say was created by 928mac
Well the car has been down for around 2 months and not much I could do.

Here (at my house) we have been really busy as we decided to complete the basement from the 4 concrete walls to a finished product.
I did not realize it would cost as much as 2 nice 928s which I have spent and we are not done yet.
At times I have had 4 contractors here.
Then throw the passing of a family member and another close friends wife into it and ... well you know.

Work has been extremely difficult with another oil company changing us to their systems and the work load quadrupling.
I was given an inside lead by my boss to jump to another position as our team will be dumped.
Looks like I just got a technical mechanical advisors position. Good to know people.

Throw in the excitement on the board the last 2 weeks and it is easy to tell where my head is at.

I want to thank those that have continued to post about their cars because seeing their enjoyment keeps me going

Have a great 928 day and post about it

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2012 01:32 #10637 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic Not much 928 to say
Brad,

Hang in there bud, I'm sure things will get better in your world. Gotta just keep going, which you seem to do very well.

I hope the crap on the forums doesn't get to you, I let it slide most of the time, and I know as moderator you need to pay attention to most (all) of it. But I HOPE that it doesn't actually get you down. You're doing the best you can, can't ask for much more than that.

Take care bro. I'm pulling for ya!

More
27 Aug 2012 11:10 #10652 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Not much 928 to say
Brad, step away from the computer, and go in the garage and throw some wrenches at your car. Fix a little something other than the big issue you have,like clean and polish the ashtray or something. Think of it as "therapy".

More
27 Aug 2012 21:01 #10695 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Not much 928 to say
Amen to what my 928 brothers above have said! This has been a very tough two-three weeks here. Lots of personal attacks that should have never taken place, and back stabbing and old wounds being reopened. Makes me sad. Most of it from folks who have almost never even posted here (some never have). Our tranquility has been highly disrupted and more than likely those who have done the disrupting will disappear after the election anyway. Pain and hurt feelings will be left in their wake. We will heal, but it will take time.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
28 Aug 2012 00:18 #10703 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Not much 928 to say
At least you who your friend are/not

More
28 Aug 2012 01:41 #10707 by pcar928fan
Yea, we are figuring that out pretty quickly aren't we?!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
28 Aug 2012 04:20 #10709 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Not much 928 to say
I applaud both moderators for working through this difficult time, and want to assure both Austin and Brad that their efforts are appreciated

More
28 Aug 2012 07:19 #10712 by OBehave

I applaud both moderators for working through this difficult time, and want to assure both Austin and Brad that their efforts are appreciated

I would have to agree with Stan. It takes an awful lot to be able to deal with all the "attitudes" and "personalities" and still maintain composure and to be able to see both sides of any situation. Thanks for a thankless job guys!
Ed

More
29 Aug 2012 23:30 #10773 by 928mac
Man when it rains it pours. To night I was going down stairs and fell about 5 steps from the cement. T think I tore the tendons in my knee which is not the first time that knee has been torn, son of a B.

well I think that is the only damage thank god

I could have bent My valve :eek:

More
30 Aug 2012 01:21 #10774 by pcar928fan
Damn Brad! You hang in there bro! Ice the knee and rest it fully! My wife tore her ACL skiing 14-ish years ago. About 4 years later she had to have it fixed...she slipped on a gravel slope and finished it off that day... UGH!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
30 Aug 2012 07:01 #10776 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Not much 928 to say
Sorry to hear that Brad, I hope you heal quickly, it does take longer the older you get :eek:

More
30 Aug 2012 07:13 #10777 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Not much 928 to say

Man when it rains it pours. To night I was going down stairs and fell about 5 steps from the cement. T think I tore the tendons in my knee which is not the first time that knee has been torn, son of a B.

well I think that is the only damage thank god

I could have bent My valve :eek:

Brad, lay off the drinks bud!

I don't know how much of a fall you took, but any fall can be serious. Treat it as such and rest that knee. :)

More
30 Aug 2012 17:18 #10783 by OBehave
Wow too bad Brad.Look at the good side, at least you didn't hit your head and wake up wanting to buy a Chevy Volt!:eek:

More
31 Aug 2012 00:03 #10818 by 928mac

Wow too bad Brad.Look at the good side, at least you didn't hit your head and wake up wanting to buy a Chevy Volt!:eek:

ha ha ha ha

More
31 Aug 2012 06:38 #10840 by Ducman82
Replied by Ducman82 on topic Not much 928 to say
hang in there buddy! nothing like working on the car for a few min (hours), to clear you mind. soon you will forget about all the other things, and have a whole new rats nest of car related things take their place....

:-P

More
31 Aug 2012 09:43 #10854 by denhamfly
Replied by denhamfly on topic Not much 928 to say
Brad, I think the only way your knee will get better is if you come to Louisiana and help me put this car back together. I am no doctor, but I think that will cure you!!

More
31 Aug 2012 10:25 #10858 by 928mac
Thanks for the get well wishes.
My knee has loosened up and is feeling much better so it looks like I twisted it only and didn't tear any tendons. Thank God.
So today looks like an easy day at work and the weather is still good I wish I was driving my porsche` though. It will be nice when I can start working on it again and even better if I can install a power adder. (Not that I need it)
I only get about 3600 miles on the rears as it is.
So what are you guys up to today?

Brad

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!