Good day all!

• emmanuelli
  • emmanuelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
31 Aug 2012 11:36 #10868 by emmanuelli
Good day all! was created by emmanuelli
I feel quite accomplished. Compared to all the engine work most of you do yourselves its nothing, but it was a satisfying task. As it happens i replaced the Hatch and Hood struts. Now, they just about pop open when slightly pushed up! yay!. Just last week i had the seats re upholstered. The oil pan, valve cover seals, the intake seals, the steering rack and the brake pads and sensors done!

Soon enough i'll have the dash and pod done, the shifter tightened and perhaps the timing belt. However, im thinking of getting the odometer fixed first so i can actually count the miles before the next timing belt work should be done.

I will consider a paint job for next year, if things go well.

Also, thanks! i received my welcome packet!

Orlando

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2012 11:39 #10870 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Good day all!
Congratulations, Orlando. Making improvements to the car is quite rewarding, isn't it? :D

More
31 Aug 2012 12:39 #10871 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic Good day all!
Orlando,

Might I just add to your list the replacement of your Fuel lines. All of them! If they are original they are honestly just WAITING to turn your car into a crispy critter.

I also feel very accomplished whenever I do something to my car. It's a damn good feeling! Plus, the hatch is HEAVY! I bet you were glad that was done!

More
01 Sep 2012 00:25 #10880 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Good day all!
Great work! I second the fuel line thoughts! Get those done of they have not been.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• emmanuelli
  • emmanuelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
04 Sep 2012 09:48 #10926 by emmanuelli
Replied by emmanuelli on topic Good day all!

Orlando,

Might I just add to your list the replacement of your Fuel lines. All of them! If they are original they are honestly just WAITING to turn your car into a crispy critter.

I also feel very accomplished whenever I do something to my car. It's a damn good feeling! Plus, the hatch is HEAVY! I bet you were glad that was done!

Thanks for the advise, i'll put those in the queue, sooner rather than later. and yes, i feel accomplished about every little thing i can do myself.

More
12 Sep 2012 16:08 #11213 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic Good day all!
You have been busy! Good for you, even the little things feel good when you do something yourself....!

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!