• emmanuelli
  • emmanuelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
24 Sep 2012 16:36 #11428 by emmanuelli
HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members was created by emmanuelli
Hi All:

Just wanted to say that i had a great time meeting Michael, Lex, Pete and Thom yesterday in Hampton Bays. It was a nice day for a long drive up there from Queens NY.

Its good to know there is so much passion in the OC. Im glad i met up with them. I was able to pin point a couple of small issues with their help, and also sort out a couple other. That on its own gives me great incentive to make it to Frenzy 16 in DC this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2012 19:41 #11430 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members
Way to go and glad you got to meet some owners.

Brad

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Sep 2012 21:09 #11433 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members
I have owned a 928 for over 11 years now and by far and I mean way out there was this summer when I drove the GTS to Denver then Wichita for OCIC........60 928s, their owners and spouses, 10 days, 6000kms........NIRVANA !!!

So glad you had a similar experience Emmanuelli........its a rush to share in the excitement of who did what, where and why with their 928s.

More
24 Sep 2012 23:31 #11434 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members
Emmanuelli,

I am so happy to see you have integrated with the NY Region so quickly! Michael has been kicking butt up there and I am proud of all his hard work and effort! He works hard for you and the rest of the OC members up there so spread the word that good things are happening in the 928 world in NY!

Go to Frenzy if you can! It is an awesome event and it is THE EVENT that started them ALL! Ed Ruiz started that event actually as a PCA sponsored event back in '97 (IIRC) and I don't think a year has been missed since! I went in '98 and had a blast!

Malcolm, just keep rubbing it in man!!! :D LOL! I was at home looking at an empty bank account and an R/V and a few 928's that were all ready to go... So sad I missed OCIC this year. With a little luck I might just make Sharktoberfest in a few weeks though! My fingers are crossed that this quarter bonus will FINALLY be more what is expected! Sales have been good, so it should be a nice one for a change!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Sep 2012 06:54 #11438 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members
Just sharing the experience James :)

Next event for me is 3rd Coast, Tx

• emmanuelli
  • emmanuelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Sep 2012 11:24 #11439 by emmanuelli
Replied by emmanuelli on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members
i look forward to frenzy, i'll be driving in the morning saturday. thanks!

More
25 Sep 2012 15:35 #11440 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members

i look forward to frenzy, i'll be driving in the morning saturday. thanks!

emmanuelli, make sure you look me up. I'll be there in my Black 85.

More
25 Sep 2012 18:33 #11441 by pcar928fan

Just sharing the experience James :)

Next event for me is 3rd Coast, Tx

I know and I am going to freaking miss that one! DOH! NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT either! I thought I was going to be able to skip church on Sunday and at least hang with you guys then, but was informed by my wife that I am the SOLE guitar player for the band that Sunday! UGH! The rest of the weekend is all University Homecoming stuff for my 25th...

You guys have fun for me. I am hoping that Jim Willman who will be the next membership chair will be able to make it out there to kind of be the 928OC contact person... Of course Roger as a Trustee will be there for that too, but I think most folks look at him more as "host" than OC guy at that event! :D Can't blame them for that, he and Chuck and Jim do a great job with that event!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Sep 2012 12:31 #11448 by the flying scotsman
I wasn't aware that 3rd Coast was an OC event............even better:)

too bad you cant make it James..........its only a 11hr plane ride for me

More
26 Sep 2012 12:48 #11450 by pcar928fan
I am not sure that it is an OC event...I thought that a few times in the past 928OC sponsorship was requested and granted, but I could be wrong. My point was if there are a bunch of 928's around it is nice to have a person who can represent the OC there too. In the past Jim Willman has taken the OC banner to display.

Yea, Malcolm it is a freakin' 45 min drive for me and I won't be able to get out there and you are FLYING 11 hours! You make me feel very bad about it...thanks! ;) I saw some chat on RL about picking another weekend...I am all for that as virtually any weekend (save the F1 race weekend) just before or just after this Nov weekend works for me.

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
26 Sep 2012 12:59 #11453 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING OTHER OC members
The 928 OC has sponsored the Third Coast event every year since 2005 :D

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Sep 2012 13:26 #11454 by the flying scotsman
I would gladly represent OC but Roger shall be there as part of the new board.

Its an 11hr plane ride to DFW then a 4 hr return car trip but after OCIC it doesnt seems to bad (6000km trip)

I saw the chaos re. another date but its impossible to please all of the people all of the time........perhaps the US should move thxgiving to align with the rest of the world? :)

More
26 Sep 2012 18:10 #11459 by pcar928fan
Malcolm, your OCIC trip was EPIC!!! Yes, Roger will be there, but he is more host of the event, so it would be nice to have others there as 928OC Representative for the event! You are the Regional Rep for your area correct? I think that is a good 928OC position to represent the club. Of course if Jim Willman makes it to the event he would be the obvious choice as the new Membership Chair...

Yes, there is no way to please everyone on an event date...just gotta pick the best date for the most folks and hope for the best! That is always the case though isn't it?!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!