Owners Club Newsletter

More
28 Sep 2012 00:33 #11498 by Jon B.
I just got done "flipping" through the initial newsletter, and I have to say, it reminds me of my PCA region's Newsletter. Very well done and thought out, and I really think it'll be a nice addition to our membership.

Thank you Jerry for taking on the role of Editor. I hope that you have more to put in each installment than you plan on! I think the events section could get huge, and will personally make it my goal to have the NC region one of the most active.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 00:42 #11499 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Owners Club Newsletter
Jon,

Glad you like it! My hat is off to Jerry on this one! While I wrote a few things for it, Jerry is the man behind this! Not me! He did great work!

I look forward to seeing how this evolves and I hope becomes a staple of the 928OC where folks know they can go every other month or so for news about the club and some interesting articles about 928's!

Thanks Jerry!!!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
28 Sep 2012 07:30 #11503 by curtisr
Replied by curtisr on topic Owners Club Newsletter
Dear James,

It is with great pleasure that I write to say how much I enjoyed the new
newsletter. It was terrific!

Indeed, stories like those found in the pages of the newsletter is the glue
that binds members to their cars and, of course, other members.

I promise to do my best to add to the content some day but, in the
meantime, keep it coming!

Sincerely,

Roger Curtis
The Great White North

More
28 Sep 2012 08:50 #11507 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic Owners Club Newsletter
I too just read through the Newsletter. I really enjoyed it and look forward to many more.

I also hope to contribute to it on a local level. I'm no writer, but would really like to add to this somehow. Maybe if only to give my thoughts and pictures on Get-Togethers (Frenzy, PVGP, Hershey..etc) that I attend.

Keep up the great work James, Stan and Jerry!

More
28 Sep 2012 09:53 #11509 by emmanuelli
Replied by emmanuelli on topic Owners Club Newsletter
I got the News letter sample. Good effort. Im looking forward to it as it refines and evolves in time. Id like to see more images of our cars, and the like. I'm a photographer. if i visit events i'll be happy to provide some images in case an article is put together about it. I'd be happy to write too, should the muse for some relevant article come to me.

keep it up.

More
28 Sep 2012 13:39 #11512 by Feather
Replied by Feather on topic Owners Club Newsletter
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback about this Newsletter effort; and thank you Mr President for foisting most of the "blame" onto me. Actually, if it was not for the inspiration I derived from James taking on the Presidency of this great Club and his early concept for this project for the Club, I would not likely have taken this on. His inspiration I think is where the bulk of the credit lies together with his input and direction in this project.

Too, I think the most significant thing about doing this Newsletter today, the first day of James' Presidency, is just that--James' first day of the Presidency; and I hope this effort will coincide with the start of good things to continue too happen with, to, and, for the 928 Owners Club.

My thanks is also directed to Past President Stan Shaw who has also played a big part in making this happen during the last days of his just completed Presidency. Without his great help I am sure we would not have had this out for a while yet. Thanks Stan.

Jerry Feather

More
29 Sep 2012 02:28 #11525 by pcar928fan
Thanks everyone! I am so glad you all have enjoyed this. There was an early "journal" which was quite a bit more than a newsletter and I think Adam did that one...HUGE JOB! This is designed to be much easier for Jerry to put together so we can do more of them. Not sure how many pics we can get away with if we want to actually email the pdf to each of you (probably no more than we had in this one though), but if we just keep it as a link in the email that brings you here to the forum to view and/or download then we can probably get pretty picture intensive with it.

I look forward to what Jerry does with this as well. I just had an idea of a few ways we could stay in touch with folks, Jerry said he used to do a newsletter for his aircraft club so I was like, "you just do it how you used to do and how you know it works!" He did!

Thanks Jerry for your hard work, I am happy to serve this club and if I can get more folks pitching in all the better.

The more people who are fired up to do stuff for the club the more things will get done and the more people will join in the fun!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
29 Sep 2012 09:36 #11527 by Feather
Thanks you again, Mr. President. In Respect to your last comment, I have begun to work on the next issue of The Shark Vibes which I plan to Publish on about the week of Thanksgiving. The kind of "Theme" of the next issue is going to be about Volunteerism in and for the Owners Club, both from a sort of editorial standpoint, from a recent historical standpoint, and then from the standpoint of now and what the immediate future holds for the Club.

I'm sure by then, in addition, there will be at least two regional 928 events to report on, with pictures, and I expect to have one or two technical articles. There will, of course, be a statement from the President. I hope there will be some letters to the Editor or to You, Mr. President, that we can publish, and I hope some members will be sending me some classified advertising. Perhaps some of the other sections will also be filled out in some ways of interest. We will see.

From a sort of policy standpoint I will be hesitant to publish articles in The Shark Vibes that have already been published anywhere before; but I see an exception to that in regard to certain technical matters that will have some use or interest on an ongoing sort of basis, whereas other kinds of things may appear as "old news." Just a thought to keep in mind. If in doubt, send it and I will decide if, where or how it fits.

Send your proposed contributions to:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Jerry Feather, Editor

More
29 Sep 2012 16:01 #11532 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Owners Club Newsletter
EXCELLENT work! Thank you so much, Jerry. I look forward to future issues. Can't thank you enough for your effort. :D

More
29 Sep 2012 23:17 #11536 by pcar928fan
I can't wait and if the stars continue to align for me, I'll be able to report on and send pics from Sharktoberfest!!! Fingers crossed!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
01 Oct 2012 07:23 #11560 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Owners Club Newsletter
Very well done Jerry! I look forward to more great things from the 928OC!

More
01 Oct 2012 09:07 #11564 by Feather
Thanks, Ed. I too look foreward to great things to happen in our Club.

On another note, when I just read back through some of this thread, my last statement in my post just above kind of jumped out at me--the one that says "send your proposed contributions to" and then there is my email address. When I glance over that it seems to be soliciting money. I hope everyone understands that I was talking about written contributions to The Shark Vibes, and maybe with pictures, and not money.

Also if you have comments or suggestions that you have not already sent to President James, about how this project might be improved in any way, I would appreciate those "contributions" also.

Jerry Feather, Editor

More
01 Oct 2012 10:04 #11565 by jwillman
Replied by jwillman on topic Owners Club Newsletter
Great work Jerry.

I am wondering whether the column format is the best for a web generated document. Folks with good eyes probably won't care as they are using standard font size dispaly modes but I found myself having to scroll back to the top to get to the next column. I could change settings but that would take effort on my part!

More
01 Oct 2012 13:59 #11566 by Feather

Great work Jerry.

I am wondering whether the column format is the best for a web generated document. Folks with good eyes probably won't care as they are using standard font size dispaly modes but I found myself having to scroll back to the top to get to the next column. I could change settings but that would take effort on my part!

Good Point, Jim. I am going to give that some thought. Thanks.

Jerry Feather

More
01 Oct 2012 17:46 #11567 by pcar928fan
Jerry, is correct, don't send the money to him... Send it to ME! I have a VERY BAD 928 habit and I need another fix, it has been 8 months since my last 928 purchase! LOL!

Great work Jerry and I had a couple of more good suggestions. We need to have an Owner of the month (if we do a Newsletter every other month then there would be 2 folks in each newsletter...you get the idea) and we would need a pic or two as well as a brief write up about what got you in to 928's as well as what your stable of 928's is like now and what you think about them... I think what we will do is let any interested parties write something up and send it to Jerry and we will pick and choose the most interesting write ups. We can do it like that for now...subject to change at any time!

The other was a 928 Goof moment... This would be anonymous as most don't want our purely human moments broadcast to the whole world. So if you have had a crazy moment in your car that you would just as soon forget, but can't seem to get it out of your mind, this might just be the therapy you need! Write it up and send it to Jerry and lets see what we come up with! ;)

Guys, this is for you all to enjoy and be a part of! Please help with content!

Thanks mucho and I hope you guys enjoyed the first edition!

PS. Thanks to Kurt A for those suggestions above! Great ideas both of them! Also thanks to Jim for the heads up...I too had to scroll up and down to read...I suspect one click to smaller font and I'd have been good to go on one page, but alas like JW, I was lazy too! LOL!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
01 Oct 2012 20:28 #11578 by Feather
This evening at a social gathering where my secretary and her family also were, I had an occasion to pass along to her that the feedback on the newsletter that she helped so much putting into print was all very positive, and I also advised her that I think the next one will need to be layed out differently. In particular I think we can narrow the margins some and reduce the space for the header on each page, and I told her that we will be printing the pages in one column and in a smaller font so we can get more on each page. Since most of the readers are reading on their computer the font does not seem to need to be the size that looks best on letter size paper.

Now I hope we don't end up with 4 pages because of the new compactness, but rather that we will get sufficient material contributed to have at least the previous 12 or 13 pages or even about 16 pages. Get to work guys and gals with your cameras and writing skills.

I think this next issue is going to be a lot of fun.

Jerry feather, Editor

More
01 Oct 2012 20:36 #11579 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Owners Club Newsletter
Can't wait to see it, Jerry. I admire your skill! It takes a gifted mind to be able to put all of that info together and give it the professional presentation that you have. You obviously have the "touch" for it.

More
01 Oct 2012 20:51 #11581 by Feather
Thanks Austin. You are just too kind.

Jerry Feather

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!