Your personal copy of the Newsletter

• Feather
  • Feather's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Sep 2012 17:57 #11514 by Feather
Your personal copy of the Newsletter was created by Feather
I'll post this here because there seems to be the most of you viewing here most of the time.

James Morrison has stimulated the initiation of a periodic Newsletter for this Owners Club, and I am helping him accomplish that. We published the first issue of THE SHARK VIBES early this morning, but there may have been some problems with some Members in the receipt of it. If you are one of those members, please let me know and I will personally send you an email with the Newsletter attached. It probably wont have the lead-in email by President James, but you will at least get the publication.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Jerry Feather, Editor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 18:35 #11515 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Your personal copy of the Newsletter
Hi Jerry,

While I have heard a few had issues, the only emails I have seen did included a working link, those with issues have not provided any information on what the issue is, or was.

Here is the note from James with the link embedded instead of listed.:

928 OC Members:
One of the plans I have had in mind for the OC since before I decided to run for its Presidency is the idea of some kind of periodic email/newsletter, something we could do for the members in conjunction with the OC Forums.

Early in my campaign, member, Jerry Feather, came forward and offered to help in doing just what I had in mind. With his help, and input from others, here is the first issue of what will be a periodic email Newsletter that Jerry has named THE SHARK VIBES :

When you have had a chance to read through it we would like to have your feedback about it on the Forums or directly as you may want to make your comments and suggestions.

Best Regards,

James Morrison, President

More
28 Sep 2012 21:44 #11516 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Your personal copy of the Newsletter
I read through the Shark Vibes and found the structure and layout great.
but I was just getting into it, and it ended :(
I think that it would make it even more interesting if there were some more stories of some past events
or even some interesting facts or builds on some cars to fill in the space and make the read a little bit longer. (just my 2 cents)
Maybe a story on how some idiot did the main bearings with the engine in the car,
or how to get the phone numbers for the calendar girls .... (just a thought James)

Ok ILL stop here before I get into trouble and maybe just send a note of my suggestions to our lovely new secretary Miss Speed
i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/bwmac/b...G-20111228-WA005.jpg

More
29 Sep 2012 02:23 #11524 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Your personal copy of the Newsletter
Brad, the numbers for the girls are safe with me! I don't share them! LOL!

Glad you enjoyed the read. We are soliciting for more articles and stories and we might have some of them for the news letter and some for a special place on this forum that would be longer in nature. The newsletter is not geared for really long articles, more short newsworthy items really.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• Feather
  • Feather's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2012 08:59 #11526 by Feather
Replied by Feather on topic Your personal copy of the Newsletter
What I have just suggested to one of our potential technical contributors is that he write a short synopsis (maybe up to two pages, with two or three pictures) of his technical article, that we can print in The Shark Vibes, and have a link with it to the complete article which perhaps can be hosted here or on the Web site. I think something like that is already in the works.

The other way that I have previously envisioned a long technical articel might be to put it in The Shark Vibes in pieces as a sort of "series" article. That might work best for something like a project in progress, but maybe not so well for something like a major repair that should be done in a day or a weekend, but has 175 steps with pictures as with the TBWP procedure.

Jerry Feather, Editor

More
29 Sep 2012 14:38 #11529 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic Your personal copy of the Newsletter
I sent some feedback directly to James, great 1st issue though....good idea and well executed.
Thanks!

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!