How much time left

More
08 Oct 2012 19:50 #11728 by 928mac
How much time left was created by 928mac
Except for a few southern states most of us will be putting our cars away for winter.
I would still be driving mine except it is still waiting for me to fix her, but it is getting very close to snowing any day now.

I am hoping that by summer I will get my engine back to tiptop shape and maybe, just maybe get a supercharger strapped into the mix. Pun intended.

The sooner I get the home renos done, the sooner I can get to work on the car.

Brad :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2012 09:14 #11734 by Tass 928
Replied by Tass 928 on topic How much time left
Whoa !..slow down there Brad :)

We still have one more event this season! May I direct your attention to the "Events" forum where you can get the details on this year"s Wilbraham Tech session which is happening on Oct 27.

So don't put those 928's to sleep quite yet !

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Oct 2012 09:27 #11735 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic How much time left
Drove the GTS into work this morning.....gorgeous fall day with many more to come :)

More
09 Oct 2012 18:07 #11740 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic How much time left
We drive ALL WINTER down here! And all summer too if we have working A/C's! LOL! In fact the fall/winter/spring are the BEST times to drive around here... Of course summer lasts 6 months so we really only have half the year that is nice, but at least we CAN drive all year!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
09 Oct 2012 21:31 #11750 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic How much time left
We don't put them away in the Winter in Va, we just don't drive them when it is crappy outside. Cool air is good for the engine and I like keeping the fluids pumping even if it is less often. We hardly get much real snow here but we get icy, foggy raining stuff which I do not take it out in.

But a nice 40-60 degree day with some sun is nice. One thing our cars can do is HEAT...HA. Almost time to open up the permanent screw down valve I put in when I got tired of replacing plastic valves so my A/C would always work!....maybe around the end of the month. Should not need A/C really again until sometime in March/April.

For now it is PERFECT driving weather (as you see from the Frenzy video I shot), probably until around Christmas. Jan-Feb is mostly our no-go months.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
09 Oct 2012 23:15 #11752 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic How much time left

We don't put them away in the Winter in Va, we just don't drive them when it is crappy outside. Cool air is good for the engine and I like keeping the fluids pumping even if it is less often. We hardly get much real snow here but we get icy, foggy raining stuff which I do not take it out in.

I drive my 928s year round. I pretty much use the same judgment on the rare occasion that we do have some winter weather.

More
13 Oct 2012 21:32 #11825 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic How much time left
Brad,
You guys up north are SO lucky to be able to put your cars up for the winter and not drive them so that you can get your maintenance done.

NOT!!!!!

Like James says, we HAVE to drive our cars ALL FREAKING YEAR long! Don't you feel sorry for us? :) We have to struggle to find a time when we're not driving our cars to do our maintenance. Good thing I have more than one.

More
13 Oct 2012 22:51 #11826 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic How much time left

Brad,
You guys up north are SO lucky to be able to put your cars up for the winter and not drive them so that you can get your maintenance done.

NOT!!!!!

Like James says, we HAVE to drive our cars ALL FREAKING YEAR long! Don't you feel sorry for us? :) We have to struggle to find a time when we're not driving our cars to do our maintenance. Good thing I have more than one.

I know what you mean as my car has been sitting for 3 months waiting for me to get at it
but I just have not had time.

This is the saddest summer I have had where I could not drive the car.

Well the garage is warm in the winter and has a heated cement floor,
and our summers are a perfect 75-80 deg for driving. so ya, we is lucky :D

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Oct 2012 05:59 #11830 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic How much time left
John has the answer..........have more than one :)

More
14 Oct 2012 08:27 #11838 by Ducman82
Replied by Ducman82 on topic How much time left
I hear ya Brad. I just got this sucker tuned and its getting cold here. my high performance summer tires dont like cold streets....

More
14 Oct 2012 11:19 #11840 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic How much time left

I hear ya Brad. I just got this sucker tuned and its getting cold here. my high performance summer tires dont like cold streets....

ya isn't it extreme how when its cold out even some sticky street tires get very little traction.

When its hot out and my tires are warm, I have a hard time spinning the tires.
When the sun starts to set (like in my video) they go up in smoke.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!