Link to keeping 928 alive

More
16 Aug 2010 12:19 #650 by 928mac
Hey I got your attention, he he

Here is a link to a good thread that needs everyones 2 cents.

Don't forget to bring your opinions back to this board.

Thank-you 928 Members

Brad

forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...esident-longish.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2010 20:46 #654 by Kiln_Red

More
16 Aug 2010 22:17 #655 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Link to keeping 928 alive
I agree Austin that we don't need bad apples and that its not about the money. I am here to gain and gather info and in return I give as much time and info back to the forum as I can.
I really enjoy this. To much maybe as the car dose not get worked on while I am sitting on my lap top :rolleyes:

More
17 Aug 2010 09:01 #656 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Link to keeping 928 alive

I agree Austin that we don't need bad apples and that its not about the money. I am here to gain and gather info and in return I give as much time and info back to the forum as I can.
I really enjoy this. To much maybe as the car dose not get worked on while I am sitting on my lap top :rolleyes:

lol! I know precisely what you mean, Brad. The computer will, no doubt, intervene on automotive projects quite often. Your contributions here are very valuable to the club, by the way. Thank you so much for sharing your enthusiasm here with us at the 928OC board. :)

More
02 Sep 2010 20:31 #845 by monte928
Replied by monte928 on topic Link to keeping 928 alive
i injoy reading your info. and it has helped me alot. I am a new 928 owner and i need all the help and info. i can get thank you !

More
03 Sep 2010 08:32 #846 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Link to keeping 928 alive

i injoy reading your info. and it has helped me alot. I am a new 928 owner and i need all the help and info. i can get thank you !

Thank you! Let us know when we can be of service to you. It's a very rewarding feeling to know that we can help fellow 928 owners however we can.

More
03 Sep 2010 08:35 #847 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Link to keeping 928 alive

Thank you! Let us know when we can be of service to you. It's a very rewarding feeling to know that we can help fellow 928 owners however we can.

The other way of looking at it, is that it is refreshing and perhaps encouraging, to find others similarly enamored with the 928.

I still have my the first 928 I purchased in 1989, and the addiction has only gotten worse!

More
03 Sep 2010 16:18 #851 by 928mac

The other way of looking at it, is that it is refreshing and perhaps encouraging, to find others similarly enamored with the 928.

I still have my the first 928 I purchased in 1989, and the addiction has only gotten worse!

Hey Stan, do you have a recent picture of your 1st 928 so we can see how it developed

More
03 Sep 2010 20:22 #852 by srshaw3
It has been disassembled for a while, but this is from it was last assembled: (a few years ago :( ) 928racing.net/StanShawRacecar.htm

When it is reassembled, at some unknown point in the future, it will likely have a stroker motor, GT transmission, with associated upgrade parts.

I hope to at least put the bored block on an engine stand and do a test fitment assembly in the next few months, then the rotating assembly will need to be balanced, after that I still have to determine the head gasket to be used, and then acquire an appropriate clutch/flywheel setup. Once that is done I will be ready to move on to getting the linkage built for the throttle bodies and figuring out how to use Motec, not to mention figuring out a coil pack setup to use. And of course I have to figure out the proper pump to use with the drysump pan, pulley setup, etc.

The GT transmission needs to be fitted with a pump and cooler and probably have the PSD swapped for an LSD.

I spent a few years just acquiring the parts I have, and it is daunting to always feel like there is so much more to do. I won't live in the garage, and always have to support (both fund wise and time wise) my other money pits, including my '90 GT street car, my '96 M3 street/track car, my R1, RX1 and now Grizzly.

I am not complaining, but the race car has definitely not had priority for quite some time. :D

More
04 Sep 2010 00:11 #853 by 928mac
Stan about the motec. Is that the same system that 928 ms uses for their kit.

Their kit has the coil that replaces the distributor system with all new wiring.

More
04 Sep 2010 07:59 #854 by srshaw3

Stan about the motec. Is that the same system that 928 ms uses for their kit.

Their kit has the coil that replaces the distributor system with all new wiring.

I took a quick look at that site, and I see a TEC option, not the same as MoTec ( www.motec.com.au/ ).

Perhaps parts of their kit could be used, I don't know. I think the Don Hanson built race car used Motec and believe it moved close to me recently, so perhaps I can copy that work.

More
05 Sep 2010 04:03 #856 by 928mac

I took a quick look at that site, and I see a TEC option, not the same as MoTec ( www.motec.com.au/ ).

Perhaps parts of their kit could be used, I don't know. I think the Don Hanson built race car used Motec and believe it moved close to me recently, so perhaps I can copy that work.

did you see this page
www.928motorsports.com/parts/tec_gt_engi...ement.php#enthusiast

More
05 Sep 2010 04:49 #857 by 928mac
Carl has shared some of his research on this thread.
This is a very interesting read for Hot Rodding your 928
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...r-the-32v-928-a.html

More
05 Sep 2010 07:43 #858 by srshaw3

did you see this page
www.928motorsports.com/parts/tec_gt_engi...ement.php#enthusiast

Yes, but not sure they will work with my setup, once I investigate what I need, I may be able to put together a more cost effective solution.

More
05 Sep 2010 07:45 #859 by srshaw3

Carl has shared some of his research on this thread.
This is a very interesting read for Hot Rodding your 928
forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...r-the-32v-928-a.html

a couple pf photos of the tbi setup waiting for installation in my case

Attached files [img]media/attachments/894=82-928_051118_tbi_1.jpg[/img] [img]media/attachments/894=83-928_051118_tbi_2.jpg[/img]

More
05 Sep 2010 10:25 #860 by 928mac
wow that looks sweet Stan.
Carl was talking about a set that he has designed.
They are to flow 360cfm so that he can build 800 ponys
some of his pictures are on that renn link

More
05 Sep 2010 17:45 #862 by srshaw3

wow that looks sweet Stan.
Carl was talking about a set that he has designed.
They are to flow 360cfm so that he can build 800 ponys
some of his pictures are on that renn link

My vague recollection is that these are 52mm TBs.
I also have reworked S4 heads with custom cams.

More
09 Sep 2010 16:00 #919 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Link to keeping 928 alive
I have the 52mm throttle bodies and B1 cams w/Motec.The heads are 3r's w/968 valves and ported w/Devek headers. Do you have the adapter/mounting plates for the throttle bodies Stan?

More
09 Sep 2010 16:06 #920 by srshaw3

I have the 52mm throttle bodies and B1 cams w/Motec.The heads are 3r's w/968 valves and ported w/Devek headers. Do you have the adapter/mounting plates for the throttle bodies Stan?

Yes, they are mounted to the throttle bodies in those photos.

As I recall my heads are 3R as well, ported with 968 valves. I have the 928 Int'l group buy Tri Y headers.

More
16 Sep 2010 16:53 #1037 by OBehave
My headers are Devek level II with an X merge into a single, giant 4" tube exhaust and a small case Borla.I can't wait to get it running,I bet it sounds like WAR!

• adminVB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Sep 2010 17:39 #1047 by adminVB
Replied by adminVB on topic Link to keeping 928 alive

My headers are Devek level II with an X merge into a single, giant 4" tube exhaust and a small case Borla.I can't wait to get it running,I bet it sounds like WAR!

Keep in mind Lime Rock's very restrictive DB levels if you plan on running it there. Watkins Glen is unrestricted as I recall.

More
17 Sep 2010 08:04 #1060 by OBehave

Watkins Glen is unrestricted as I recall.

Now you tell me!

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!