Canadian? put your info here

More
19 Aug 2010 14:42 #667 by 928mac
Canadian? put your info here was created by 928mac
Brad Haugen
Fort McMurray Alberta
89 row/japan 928

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2010 14:51 #668 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic Canadian? put your info here
Dave LaRose
Ottawa, Ontario
87 cdn car/5-speed

More
19 Oct 2010 10:28 #1708 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Canadian? put your info here
Hey Dave, maybe some day I will make it down your way, or vise-versa.

or what's the closest event down south next year, maybe we will meet down there.
I know there are a few 928 owners in Alberta that I have not met that I should hook up with as well.

More
19 Oct 2010 20:09 #1719 by 87 Shark
Look foreward to it Brad. Fort McMurray is a long way from Ottawa, but the drive is the best part of the trip. Julie and I are going to try to make Sharks in the Mountains on the Virginia North Carolina border in June. The event is highly recomended by the New England group. They run aroad (about 300 miles) long that is a blast to drive. This is about 12 hrs. from Ottawa but well worth the drive. We must check Rennlist for events farther west. This is do able

More
19 Oct 2010 20:17 #1720 by 87 Shark
Something to consider is amtrack had a drive and ride planto Florida.You put the car on the train and drive the rest of the way.It would help keep the mileage down. I'm not sure if Via rail has this.

More
19 Oct 2010 20:43 #1721 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Canadian? put your info here
Probably the closest US event for you guys would be in MI @ Sharks in Hell... There might be a new event in MN too, but I don't remember...

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
19 Oct 2010 21:58 #1723 by 928mac

Something to consider is amtrack had a drive and ride planto Florida.You put the car on the train and drive the rest of the way.It would help keep the mileage down. I'm not sure if Via rail has this.

Oh I'm not worried about the miles, I will have to rethink the tires I am going to use next year though. The s-drive yoks I bought this year are now skins after about 5000 km. This car, engine, will go 400 thou so I got 300 left and by then it will be new again :rolleyes:
The way I look at it is that I don't mile out my other wheels when I drive the porsche. :D and I like to drive the porsche.

More
19 Oct 2010 22:09 #1724 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Canadian? put your info here
I like your philosophy, Brad. These cars were meant to be driven. Drive them like you stole it. If you maintain it correctly, the sky is the limit on their longevity. It's hard to enjoy a vehicle if you're paying a lot of attention to the odometer. It goes nowhere but up anyway.

More
20 Oct 2010 07:01 #1728 by 928mac

I like your philosophy, Brad. These cars were meant to be driven. Drive them like you stole it. If you maintain it correctly, the sky is the limit on their longevity. It's hard to enjoy a vehicle if you're paying a lot of attention to the odometer. It goes nowhere but up anyway.

Thanks Austin,
Its my first 928

More
20 Oct 2010 18:08 #1744 by 87 Shark
It's my first as well. Not being a mechanic I tend to worry a bit. I've decided to do the maintenance and fix whatever else may break. I've been lucky so far as this car is tough as nails. 183000 kms. and counting. I figure I can learn about my car as issues arise with a little help from my friends.

More
20 Oct 2010 18:50 #1745 by 928mac

It's my first as well. Not being a mechanic I tend to worry a bit. I've decided to do the maintenance and fix whatever else may break. I've been lucky so far as this car is tough as nails. 183000 kms. and counting. I figure I can learn about my car as issues arise with a little help from my friends.

ILL help you how ever I can Brother, and I know all the other members will too.

More
21 Oct 2010 18:38 #1763 by 87 Shark
I'll be starting my garage addition this weekend. 12 feet by 20 feet. Now i'll have room to work. Also working on a lift but it will have to be a good winter. Snow is money here. I start night shift oct.31, 6months worth as it stands now. We need to find a central North American location were we all can drive to in about 24 hrs. (give or take).

More
21 Oct 2010 19:55 #1764 by 928mac

I'll be starting my garage addition this weekend. 12 feet by 20 feet. Now i'll have room to work. Also working on a lift but it will have to be a good winter. Snow is money here. I start night shift oct.31, 6months worth as it stands now. We need to find a central North American location were we all can drive to in about 24 hrs. (give or take).

If you drove west and I drove south by south/east we would meet in eastern Montana and boy would we have a crew if we picked up every 928 along the way.
Then maybe to Vegas for the hell of it. Never been there. Montana has some cool roads and a 90-100 mph speed limit, last I heard.

I need to renew my passport and rebuild half a car before I go so it would be summer for sure.

More
21 Oct 2010 20:11 #1765 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Canadian? put your info here
There was an OCIC (Owners Club International Convention) in Kansas (twice) Colorado (once) and Texas (once). Looking at a map, Kansas is about as central as you can get, Colorado and Texas aren't too far off.

It takes someone with tremendous motivation and many hours to put one together.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!