Anyone in Michigan JDS Spanner

• mackoscout
  • mackoscout's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2012 11:13 #12752 by mackoscout
Anyone in Michigan JDS Spanner was created by mackoscout
I have been banging around with a hammer to straighten some body dents in 1990 S4, mainly to have clearance for headlight to go down.... Had the battery disconnected but after reconnecting and starting airbag light on. I think could be the connection at one of the sensors (after the hammering) has issues. I guess you need the JDS spanner or porsche dealer to dx or reset. Problem is I live in Manistique, Michigan (the UP) so was wondering if anyone fairily close (north wisconsin or north Michigan) with a JDS spanner to use/rent - I don't want to buy one as 700 is a bit much. Maybe the OC could buy one and rent out to recoup the buying cost? Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2012 12:23 #12757 by hb4
Replied by hb4 on topic Anyone in Michigan JDS Spanner
See the OC home page under 'Latest News', where Theo's diagnostic too l will be made available for use. I don't see it under the Tool Loan Program forum so it's not clear to me how it's loaned out.

More
06 Dec 2012 08:01 #12767 by N2O-928
Replied by N2O-928 on topic Anyone in Michigan JDS Spanner
I think a "Shark Tuner" will/can also reset the Air Bag, I recall seeing "Air Bag" on one of the screens. This may be the same tool that "Theo" has.

I now see that it is a completly different tool than a Shark tuner. We have a Shark Tuner (two now I think) in South East MI.

• mackoscout
  • mackoscout's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2012 09:29 #12769 by mackoscout
Replied by mackoscout on topic Anyone in Michigan JDS Spanner
How would I get a hold of someone that has the Shark Tuner? Maybe heading down to lower MI in the spring time?

Also if someone willing to rent/send it up to me for a week I can send out deposit for it.....????

Now looking back at what happened, I think that I pulled the instrument cluster display fuse (battery was getting depleted and I thought that one of the fuses went) with the battery connected. From what I read on the 1990 airbag system porsche info is that the airbag fault light will then display and not go off until reset. So now I am more inclined to think that the hammering was not the reason for it (this was up front close to the headlight). Lesson learned for the future: don't pull fuses with battery connected.

Any way to contact "Theo"?

More
06 Dec 2012 11:31 #12776 by hb4
Replied by hb4 on topic Anyone in Michigan JDS Spanner
If you want to buy one, here is his website . If you want to borrow the one that the OC owns I suppose you could start with the official contact for the tool loan program:

Current Tool Loan Program Caretaker:
Ed Standke
C/O Perfex Manufacturing, Inc. 30 Commerce Drive
Danbury, CT 06810
e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!