Pre-Spring Fling

More
10 Mar 2013 21:12 #13850 by mm928
Pre-Spring Fling was created by mm928
3 days ago it snowed a foot, Sat and Sun it was 65 degrees and sunny,,,,,I Love Va...!!!!!

So On Saturday I took the Shark to Luray over the mountain and back around the area along with my son-in-law in his 83 911. 3+ hours of driving on a perfect day! It was awesome and both cars performed perfectly. It is nice to have fun roads around where you live.

Today I washed 3 cars...man what a great weekend.....oh, did I mention my wife was out of town too?....sorry. :0

(that would have been cool too, really, but I could not resist the joke)

I have dubbed this weekend the pre-spring fling.....the engine pull did not happen due to the snow, maybe next weekend. So I took advantage of the great weather and no honey-do list...HA

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 17:45 #13852 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Pre-Spring Fling
Curious how the '83 928 compares to the '83 911... Should be MUCH more solid, certainly faster top speed and I bet quicker too. Of course it goes without saying it is more ergonomic and luxurious!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
11 Mar 2013 18:19 #13853 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic Pre-Spring Fling
I am a little more comfortable driving in it than my son-in-law is in his 911 I think, that said though, he frequently was not in my mirror... :)

He has a wide-body kit so he has wide rear tires so he had great traction. But you are correct, I could leave him fairly easy after the takeoff, he is pretty quick with the manual trans off the line or on a slow rolling start. But once we get towards the speed limit, the 928 will blast from 50 or 60 to 90+ in a NY minute. And I went around corners planted, even with a little sand residue from the road treatments because of the extra weight, great balance and Weissach axle....that thing cannot be underestimated when you turn the wheel, that is where you go,,,period. Still did not squeal a tire and pulled away nicely, especially going up the mountain....not close. I was under very good control going down the mountain as well due to nice V8 engine braking. And yes,,,,very comfortable and snug in the cabin with the sunroof open......BLISSSSSS! I will have to drive his sometime (have not since he bought it a couple years ago) to make a better comparison.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!