In Honor of Stan Shaw--Past President

• pcar928fan
  • pcar928fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • If something is worth doing it is worth OVER DOING!
More
29 Aug 2013 15:47 #15766 by pcar928fan
928 OC members, fans and friends,

I just wanted to share a letter with you that was sent to Stan Shaw from the 928 Owners Club board. He served this club tirelessly for longer than most have even been members and truly saved the club from falling apart! We owe much of what we see and enjoy of the 928 Owners Club today to Stan!

Stan brought me on to help with membership several years ago and I served with pleasure and pride. I am a charter member of the club and the last thing I would want to see is the club die...thankfully Stan saved it from oblivion and allowed me to help in the recent years to make it better and stronger than ever!

Thanks to Stan for encouraging me to run for President and for all his support over this past year! It has been a very busy year and many wonderful things have happened for the club!

For all of his years of service Stan has received a beautiful obelisk as a thank you and is now our newest lifetime 928 Owners Club member!!!

Thanks again Stan!!

Here is the text of the letter from the board!

Stan Shaw
Immediate Past President
928 Owners Club

Dear Stan,

We, the board members of the 928OC and the 928 community, honor your years of service to the 928 Community as President of the 928 Owners Club.

Thank you Stan, for your many years of guidance, direction with the creation and hosting of the OC website, organizing the official process of Club business, forum voting, and presiding over years of challenging times and issues with integrity.

With appreciation from the 928 Owners Club Board and the 928 Community.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2013 18:40 #15768 by 928mac
Here! Here!

how about a picture of the obelisk

More
30 Aug 2013 09:59 #15777 by linderpat
Very nice and a class move too. Well deserved.

More
03 Sep 2013 16:53 #15814 by mm928
Agreed, we are indeed grateful for the kind of effort given by Stan.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
07 Sep 2013 22:20 #15874 by Kiln_Red
Thank you, Stan, for all that you have done for the OC! Thank you for giving me the tools I needed to become a volunteer myself. The entire membership owes a debt of gratitude to you for your steadfast commitment to this organization for so many years.

More
11 Sep 2013 21:31 #15914 by ROG100
No Comment

More
16 Oct 2013 08:32 #16116 by gcthree
As a newbie to the OC, I'm assuming that Stan masquerades around Rennlist as Merlin? If that assumption is correct, the I suggest that we bypass the letters of appreciation and accolades, and promptly nominate Stan for sainthood.

His wisdom and experience with these cars coupled with a willingness to always respond with an on-task answer to the silliest of questions makes Stan an absolutely unique breed on any forum that I've ever visited. Without Stan on-call, I suspect that there would be any number of 928's parked on the side of countless roads across our nation.

Thanks, Stan.

Second Time Around 928 S4

More
16 Oct 2013 08:42 #16117 by srshaw3

As a newbie to the OC, I'm assuming that Stan masquerades around Rennlist as Merlin? If that assumption is correct, the I suggest that we bypass the letters of appreciation and accolades, and promptly nominate Stan for sainthood.

His wisdom and experience with these cars coupled with a willingness to always respond with an on-task answer to the silliest of questions makes Stan an absolutely unique breed on any forum that I've ever visited. Without Stan on-call, I suspect that there would be any number of 928's parked on the side of countless roads across our nation.

Thanks, Stan.

I can not take any credit for Merlin's posts, and advice, as I am not he.

• pcar928fan
  • pcar928fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • If something is worth doing it is worth OVER DOING!
More
20 Oct 2013 22:29 #16143 by pcar928fan
As noted above, Mr Merlin is A Stan, but not THIS Stan. Both Stan's have great info to share regarding 928's though! :)

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!