Thank You to OC Board and all OC members!

• chuck z
  • chuck z's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Dec 2014 10:11 - 23 Dec 2014 10:21 #17854 by chuck z
Hello all,

It's been quite some time since I've posted on any of the 928 community forums. I have not abandoned the 928, in fact, there are some things in the works to where I will be back in a 928 in the very near future. Lots has changed in my life over the last couple years, been faced with many challenges in my personal life but, like the saying goes, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger has never been more true in my case. Today, I am happy, healthy and in a great place in my life. But, that's not the point of this post.....

Some of you may be aware, since 2002, I built and ran the 928 Registry website. I was very passionate about the endeavor and spent a great deal of time and money building it given my very limited website skills a pretty good resource for the 928 community. However, in the past few years my enthusiasm and time I dedicated to the site began to wain. It bothered me for quite a while about what to do with the site and in the end, I decided it was best to donate it to the 928 OC in hopes that it would carry on and remain a resource for the 928 enthusiast community. So over the last year or so, that's what I've done. Marc White has been instrumental in making it happen. Derrick Bass has been invaluable in moving over the data and pictures to the new site. Others, along with the OC board members who have played an important and valuable role in this process have been Bill Van Vlack and my long-time friend James Morrison. Thanks also to Jarrod Wise for taking on the task of day to day management of the site.

I am happy and grateful beyond words that my baby will carry on long into the future.

What I didn't expect was a package I received a few weeks ago. In the mail showed up a package with a very nice glass memento and a heartfelt thank you letter from the OC Board. Guys, I have to tell you, I was truly touched. Thank you so very much!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Best always, Chuck Z

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 23 Dec 2014 10:21 by chuck z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2014 12:51 #17855 by billvvSU
Replied by billvvSU on topic Thank You to OC Board and all OC members!
Glad to have had the chance to help, Chuck. Let us know if you have any comments, suggestions, etc. We've had 53 new entries since 9/8/14.

And glad things are going well for you!

Bill VV

More
23 Dec 2014 15:16 #17856 by martinss
Replied by martinss on topic Thank You to OC Board and all OC members!
An awesome expression from the OC, and many thanks for donating the Registry Chuck.

More
23 Dec 2014 19:32 - 23 Dec 2014 19:32 #17857 by jmwise
Replied by jmwise on topic Thank You to OC Board and all OC members!
That's awesome, Chuck! It's a much deserved memento and I'm happy to hear you'll be back in a 928 soon.

Rest assured, all involved with the Registry are striving to take it to the next level while continuing to follow your long-established principles of thoroughness and accuracy. Thanks so much for all you've done for the 928 community!

Best wishes,
Jarrod

Jarrod Wise
90GT
928 Owners Club President
928 Registry Chair
Last edit: 23 Dec 2014 19:32 by jmwise. Reason: correct spelling

More
24 Dec 2014 15:01 #17861 by dlbass93
Replied by dlbass93 on topic Thank You to OC Board and all OC members!
These mementos are really awesome! I wanted to chime in to say thanks for entrusting us with the Registry. It has been a long, yet worthwhile project. As Bill said, we have had a huge increase in activity in the last few months. We get all kinds of fan mail saying how helpful the site has been; and that is all thanks to all of the work you put into aggregating information to create one of the best 928 resources on the Internet.

Let's see some pictures of your new 928! We're glad to hear all is going well for you.

2015 Red/Black Honda NC700X
2015 Brownstone Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71
2006 Black BMW F650gs
1998 Ascotgruen Metallic BMW 318i - LS Swap Project
1988 Grand Prix White Porsche 928 S4 - Almost There
1967 Marina Blue Chevrolet Camaro - Project
1957 White Chevrolet 4400 Flatbed - Project

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!