Membership Head Count

• OBehave
  • OBehave's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2010 17:12 #1041 by OBehave
Membership Head Count was created by OBehave
How many members in this club and where are they located? Or maybe,where is the greatest concentration of 928 OC members?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2010 17:16 #1042 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Membership Head Count
I could probably figure that out...if I had a day or two... I can't tell you exactly...but it looks to be 400 or 500 members on the roles. They are spread far and wide across this great country as well as Canada and we might even have some Ex-Pat's in other countries than USA and Canada.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
16 Sep 2010 17:27 #1044 by hilton
Replied by hilton on topic Membership Head Count

They are spread far and wide across this great country as well as Canada and we might even have some Ex-Pat's in other countries than USA and Canada.

You might even have some foreign nationals who aren't ex-pats :P

• adminVB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Sep 2010 17:42 #1048 by adminVB
Replied by adminVB on topic Membership Head Count

You might even have some foreign nationals who aren't ex-pats :P

Definitely, we embrace 928 owners wherever they happen to be born or reside :)

More
16 Sep 2010 18:16 #1049 by pcar928fan
Yea, we love everyone who loves 928's here!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
16 Sep 2010 23:42 #1052 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic Membership Head Count
James, can I drive one of your cars? The light blue one looks really cool :p

More
17 Sep 2010 00:20 #1054 by pcar928fan
^^^^^
yea, the Ruby red 84 S, but you will have to do the work on it to get it up to speed and then keep it that way! ;)

Light Blue metallic one is already being borrowed (for something going on 3 YEARS now) so you can't borrow that one just yet. I think I might get it back by the end of the year as he wants to drive the '95 300ZX Twin Turbo he is now borrowing! LOL! What a moocher! But I love him...he is a real car guy and when things were going his way he had an '88 S4 and an '86.5 S...

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• OBehave
More
17 Sep 2010 07:57 #1058 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Membership Head Count
So how do you think we could get them all together in one place for a mega event?Or do you think that would be next to impossible? I know OCIC is the mac daddy of events but how many members actually show up in relation to non-members?

More
17 Sep 2010 08:30 #1065 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Membership Head Count

So how do you think we could get them all together in one place for a mega event?Or do you think that would be next to impossible? I know OCIC is the mac daddy of events but how many members actually show up in relation to non-members?

I think the OCICs have typically got @100 cars. They are different from the one day events, but I think SITM and Sharktoberfest have rivaled them in size.

You could talk to Roger Tyson about organizing an OCIC, he could tell you what it takes.

More
17 Sep 2010 10:25 #1077 by pcar928fan
I'd love to see us get even 200 MEMBERS at a 928 event. I suspect Sharktoberfest (SF) has been the closest to that size. I think they had over 130 cars one year. SITM is not far behind. SITM is probably close to the size or a touch larger than the OCIC's and then you have Frenzy (which actually was the one that started it all thanks to Ed Ruiz) and then 3rd Coast is getting quite popular and is close to Frenzy in size and then you have Sharks in Hell (SIH) and a couple other gatherings.

Of all of those, only OCIC does not happen every year. The reason is that it is HIGHLY planned and managed to bring people in from all over the world (hence the name) to share ideas and products and good times with like minded folks. It is a HUGE undertaking (just ask Marc or Roger...or the one other one that was in CO I think it was...can't remember who put that one together). The other events are more social with a drive thrown in for good measure. They are more like model specific car shows where OCIC IS a CONVENTION with topics being discussed, etc. big difference.

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• OBehave
More
17 Sep 2010 11:27 #1081 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Membership Head Count
So what kind of an event do you think would be necessary to persuade 200 or more OC members to commit to an OCIC or event? You know something that makes them say "I HAVE to do this!" Maybe a track day type thing?Thoughts? Ed

• adminVB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Sep 2010 12:13 #1087 by adminVB
Replied by adminVB on topic Membership Head Count

So what kind of an event do you think would be necessary to persuade 200 or more OC members to commit to an OCIC or event? You know something that makes them say "I HAVE to do this!" Maybe a track day type thing?Thoughts? Ed

I really don't know, but I do know most 928ers are not track people. There are probably some multiple number of concours 928s compared to track 928s.

Maybe have to do this, if they could drive like on the autobahn for a few hours..... Montana?

More
17 Sep 2010 20:22 #1104 by pcar928fan
A track day certainly would not be the answer. I think many of the first batch of 928ers here in Austin went to the track once or twice, but I was the only one that really stuck to it and moved up the groups all the way to instructor.

Not sure what it would take though... You know if we had an OCIC and had Tony Lapine come talk to us about the design and development of the 928, Mark Anderson and Mark Kibort talking a bit about racing (or showing video or something), then Paul C talking about and showing off his amazing work... Really what I am talking about is what we had last summer but adding a HUGE draw like Tony Lapine... I think if OCIC was done as BIG as Roger did it last year on a regular basis (say every other year) we would see quite a few folks come in... We have big events on each coast so I think it is smart to keep the OCIC central. If we are going to do it in TX we probably need to do it in the Fall or Spring not so much the summer...

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!