Transport

More
17 Aug 2015 10:27 #18440 by willisl
Transport was created by willisl
I'm planning to transport my 928 and have a question about transport companies. In the past I have used Reliable and was perfectly satisfied (albeit they're a bit pricey). This time, however, I'm considering sending the car by open rather than closed transport (Reliable doesn't offer open transport). There must be a dozen or more transport companies who responded to a recent query, with bids that are all fairly similar. I'm hoping that some of you folks will have had experience with such companies and can advise yea or nay for some of them.

Thanks.

Lynn Willis
1978 Euro 5-speed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2015 09:06 #18444 by y33trekker
Replied by y33trekker on topic Transport
I would recommend Eclipse without reservation, an auto transport broker out of southern Indiana. They shipped a car for me recently utilizing Lucky Transport of Pittsburgh, and were very conscientious the entire time the car was en-route. I went the enclosed route, but I'd say they could arrange an open transport too.

It was an all around good experience for me, especially since it was something of a last minute request on my part, and for an enclosed shipment, the price was in line if not a little less than other quotes I'd received.

Can't hurt to call and see what they could arrange anyway.

1 (800) 496-0881 and ask for Joanie. She'll take very good care of both you and your car.

More
20 Aug 2015 09:10 #18445 by willisl
Replied by willisl on topic Transport
Thanks. I'll give them a call.

Lynn

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!