Update and question

More
21 Mar 2016 14:50 #18849 by PaulM
Update and question was created by PaulM
Well, it's been quite a while since I last posted so will try to summarize my efforts on my restoration. Interior is completely lined with hush mat and all wiring harnesses are back in place and roughly routed to the proper locations. Both doors (hardware) have been reassembled and windows tested and operating properly. The doors included all new weatherstripping. Sunroof is reinstalled and working properly (All new seals on the sunroof also). Front and rear suspensions are completed and reassembled, including new sway bar bushings front and rear, new upper "A" arm bushings in the front with rebuilt ball joints and new lower ball joints. All brake calipers overhauled and installed along with new flex brake lines. Auto trans rebuilt by Howard Wright owner of European Classics here in Atlanta (lots of moisture found inside on disassembly, probably from sitting in a Louisiana garage for almost 9 years including the year Katrina went through). Car was not underwater but did experience lots of high moisture exposure. Trans and torque tube reinstalled. Expect to drop the engine in sometime late this summer (also being rebuilt by Howard) and finish up the interior work buy September. The wheels were really rough and needed refinished so I decided to have them chromed and have the center caps painted in Porsche logo colors. Got them back about a month ago and they are awesome. I have attached 3 pics of the wheels and center caps and 2 pics of the engine @ about 90% complete.
I have come up with one simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. In the repaint, the VIN decal on the drivers door jamb was removed. I took some pictures of it but alas, none of them were clear enough to help me determine the Porsche part number for the VIN Decal. I have searched all over the web to no avail. The part number is in the lower right corner of the decal and starts with 928 701 112 XX. The XX being the numbers I cannot identify from my pictures. If anyone could help me out I would be forever grateful. The car is a US MY84 and the VIN decal is silver. I found part numbers for MYs 78, 86, 88 & 89 but could not find one for a MY84. Thanks for all the help.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2016 13:48 #18915 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic Update and question
Wow looks like you have indeed been busy! Keep up the good work and thanks for saving another Shark!

I cannot think of something for the VIN decal. You might try asking Roger at 928sRus or Someone at 928 International, they may have some insight.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!