928 Therapy

• pcar928fan
  • pcar928fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
31 Oct 2010 19:21 #1851 by pcar928fan
928 Therapy was created by pcar928fan
Well, I have needed some therapy for quite some time and I got my fix today! I was in the '84 and it was such a nice day and so I just started driving... I figured I'd know when to turn around...well, after 3+ hours and nearly 200 MILES of driving... I TURNED AROUND! LOL! I drove (well, some of it was filling up w/ gas and eating lunch) SIX HOURS! NICE! Covered almost 400 miles and the car was AMAZING! I am not telling you guys anything you don't already know though.

My purpose was three fold, get some really away time where it was just me the car and my thoughts, see some parts of Texas I have never seen or have not seen in a very long time and finally to shake the '84 down in case it actually does sell. I won't sell it if I don't trust it and I said I trusted this car and it was time to put my money where my mouth was...WOW! I tell you want, the '84 4spd auto cars are a ball out on the open road. Fast, smooth, comfortable (though I think the newer style seats are even MORE comfortable); what more could a driver ask for!

I hope a good home will adopt my Rudy Red '84 baby...if not, I'll certainly be MORE than happy to keep her around!! What a car! 70-90+ most of the drive and when you hit the loud pedal...OFF YOU GO, even at that starting speed!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2010 07:13 #1852 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic 928 Therapy
Very nice you got to go for a good run James.

Have you posted it on Rennlist?

• pcar928fan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Nov 2010 13:15 #1853 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic 928 Therapy
Staying away from RL for the time...I waste to much time there... Will post it up on RW and Pelican probably.

Thanks Brad, it was a GREAT RUN man! The only problem for me was the cruise control is not working in that car and since I drive with handcontrols it is hard to do a drive like w/o cruise...I sucked it up though and made it happen! It was a nice drive for sure!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
01 Nov 2010 14:06 #1854 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic 928 Therapy
I do that too James. Well, maybe not 6 hrs worth, but a couple hours when I feel a need. I get a little anxious if I haven't driven my 928 in couple weeks, so I take it out and rip up the road by myself. (so I don't have to here the wife saying "you're going too fast") It's a great feeling!
I've been blessed so far by buying a well sorted car last year and not having any real problems yet. I plan on doing some maintenance over the winter and that's going to kill me when I can't drive it. This driving season went waaay too fast! I can't believe I put over 3k since I got it last Nov. :)

• pcar928fan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Nov 2010 17:42 #1855 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic 928 Therapy
Rick,

Only 3k miles?! Man, you have GOT to get out more! LOL! I have found (at least when I was working and driving 20k miles/year in my co. car) that I was putting about 10k miles on my 928's/year. The good thing for me was I spread it out over several different cars and here in CenTx you spread it out over the WHOLE year too!

Totally agree on the solitude of the drive. I rarely take anyone with me when I am going for a DRIVE! I didn't listen to the radio for the vast majority of my trip even...just me and the car!

How does the M/C commercial go....
Car $7500
Gas $65
Time alone with your awesome 928: PRICELESS!

LOVE IT!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!