Good Morning 928ers this nov.9th

More
09 Nov 2010 10:25 #1928 by 928mac
Ha he ho, how did your weekend go?

Short if it was like mine.
I know James and about a hundred others had a great time. Maybe Roger will post some pictures for us. Hey Roger! you back yet :D

how much wood could a. . . . no no thats not it
Its how much boost could a stock engine take if a 101 stock engine could take boost. :rolleyes:

I am guessing no more then 3lbs without detonation?
Water injection may help cool things off.
I ask because i was reading this thread and the guy lives in my area. forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...highlight=supermodel

But I am not into doing the internals right now, even though I will have the engine out and heads off. When I do that it will get some nice Arias pistons and a trans diff combo that will handle what ever I can throw at it.
an extra 100hp would suffice for now

When Roger gets back I will need to ask him for some parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2010 10:42 #1929 by srshaw3
There is/was a guy on Rennlist boosting a stock motor from a Turbo setup. Once he blows the stock motor up, he will build a stronger motor to handle more boost. Massachusetts based as I recall.

Ha he ho, how did your weekend go?

Short if it was like mine.
I know James and about a hundred others had a great time. Maybe Roger will post some pictures for us. Hey Roger! you back yet :D

how much wood could a. . . . no no thats not it
Its how much boost could a stock engine take if a 101 stock engine could take boost. :rolleyes:

I am guessing no more then 3lbs without detonation?
Water injection may help cool things off.
I ask because i was reading this thread and the guy lives in my area. forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum...highlight=supermodel

But I am not into doing the internals right now, even though I will have the engine out and heads off. When I do that it will get some nice Arias pistons and a trans diff combo that will handle what ever I can throw at it.
an extra 100hp would suffice for now

When Roger gets back I will need to ask him for some parts.

More
09 Nov 2010 11:45 #1930 by 928mac

There is/was a guy on Rennlist boosting a stock motor from a Turbo setup. Once he blows the stock motor up, he will build a stronger motor to handle more boost. Massachusetts based as I recall.

It would be a shame to destroy the stock engine and risk damaging the cylinders or more.

More
09 Nov 2010 16:51 #1931 by pcar928fan
I know an 86.5 well that has taken 6lbs from a Turbo w/ no problems. Very careful fuel management of course is needed...probably a shark tune would be the best way to make it all work well together! 4lbs is cake I think...that won't get you and extra 100 at the wheels though.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!