What Kind Of Tires Do You Use

More
13 Jan 2010 22:52 #67 by 928mac
What Kind Of Tires Do You Use was created by 928mac
Ok so this is to see who all runs what
This used 928 that I bought came with VICTRA MA-Z1 215/45ZR 17 on the front and MAXXIS 255/40 ZR 17 on the rear

Now that don't sound even close to a matched set to me, but what do I know. Its my first Porsche.

I was looking at the different brands on line and thought why not ask what the members here use and see how many answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2010 11:45 #110 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
The PO wanted to run a "staggered" tire fitment on your car. That's why the sizes are that way. Nothing wrong with it. In fact, it should look pretty mean. I run the factory "flat disc" 16" wheels and the suggested 225/50/16 all the way around on my car.

More
03 Mar 2010 23:39 #122 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
Thanks Austin,:) it seems to handle well, even though I have been side ways hell bent for leather looking at off ramp concrete two or three times.:eek: ha ha should have seen the look on the little woman. ha ha she couldn't even turn her head to look at me and give me she-at. BTW I think I lost a few shades of color at the same time there once. :rolleyes: That was the first week I got it.
ANNNNYwaaay I guess I need two 255/40 ZR 17s for the rear now. I don't think ILL find those at Canadian tire, or even the local tire shop, but maybe i should check. I am betting that it would be cheeper to order them on line???

More
06 Mar 2010 11:08 #126 by 928mac
I decided on these Yokohama S.drive Tires For the porsche. Deb wanted to buy me new tires for my Easter gift so we bought 2 of them for the rear, off e-bay last night. Thanks Deb

www.yokohamatire.com/tires/s.drive.aspx

I looked at all the different brands and its a hard choice. I would not go with Bridgestone or Michelin do to I have seen the side walls blow. I didn't go Goodyear Eagle because of they are a north american tire and the car isn't, there were some very nice choices though. The next tire up in yokohama has less rain traction. just about bought some Prilli,s but the reviews were not that good. So these it is

Here is a list of the ultra yoko,s above the s-drive
www.yokohamatire.com/tires/sportcar.aspx

More
12 Mar 2010 12:50 #128 by Tmac928
Replied by Tmac928 on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
Hi all
For years I never used or wanted to use GY .... but they came with the 928 when I purchased it 5 years ago. They are Eagle GTs, now I like them. They ride nice, handle good and look great.

Tony Macedo

• Richter12x2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Apr 2010 12:16 #164 by Richter12x2
Replied by Richter12x2 on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
I've used Kumhos for a long time on other cars. They're inexpensive and grip pretty well wet and dry. When I got the 928, it had Sunny 245/40 R18 tires on the front, and Pirelli 295/30 R18 PZero Rosso's on the back. I replaced the back ones with Pirelli PZero Corsa's because I got a good deal. If you're looking for a German tire, I had a set of Barum Bravuris before that rode nice and had a good tread pattern, but sizes are limited, I think.

More
25 Apr 2010 18:07 #243 by Jbws86928
Replied by Jbws86928 on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
Pirelli 225/50/16

More
28 Aug 2010 21:57 #773 by 928mac
I thought that I should up date this thread now that I have some miles on my tires.
Just about 4000 kilometers on the new rear Yokohama's now and there is only about 30% left.
I am shocked that these tires wore out so quick

left tire

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

right tire

when they were new

More
28 Aug 2010 22:55 #774 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
Check the alignment. You probably know this, but too much toe either way could cause increased wear.

I thought that I should up date this thread now that I have some miles on my tires.
Just about 4000 kilometers on the new rear Yokohama's now and there is only about 30% left.
I am shocked that these tires wore out so quick

More
06 Sep 2010 17:17 #868 by Pcplod
Replied by Pcplod on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
I would suspect rapid acceleration as opposed to any alignment problems for the wear issues on those tires.;)

More
06 Sep 2010 17:22 #869 by Pcplod
Replied by Pcplod on topic What Kind Of Tires Do You Use
Forgot to add my tire choice - Continental ExtremeContact DWS in 225/50/16 on original wheels. They don't have that many miles on them, but they are FANTASTIC so far!

More
06 Sep 2010 18:09 #870 by 928mac

I would suspect rapid acceleration as opposed to any alignment problems for the wear issues on those tires.;)

I thought that was normal in a porsche, ha ha
yes and a lot of 2nd gear rubber when going from 1st to second at 6300

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!