nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday

• 87 Shark
  • 87 Shark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
18 Nov 2010 18:10 #2077 by 87 Shark
nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday was created by 87 Shark
Good evening all. Just thought I'd say hello before going to work. Brad that's a hell of a way to get time off work to play with your car. Hope al is well. Now that I'm on night shift my sister in law may move in to keep my wife company until spring. It looks like it may be a long winter. I'll be insalling a heater and cable in the garage soon.;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2010 20:34 #2078 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday
Good evening, Dave. Still love your sig. :)

What sort of winter project are you getting into on your 928? Anything in particular?

More
19 Nov 2010 00:37 #2080 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday

Good evening all. Just thought I'd say hello before going to work. Brad that's a hell of a way to get time off work to play with your car. Hope al is well. Now that I'm on night shift my sister in law may move in to keep my wife company until spring. It looks like it may be a long winter. I'll be insalling a heater and cable in the garage soon.;)

Oh ya the sister inlaw will vacuum and make all kind of noise you can bet because she will want to clean while you try, did I say try and sleep.
You might as well move into camp.

More
19 Nov 2010 12:14 #2081 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday
Well, now it IS Friday...afternoon in fact. I need some lunch I guess! Hope it will be a start to a good weekend, but for me all the days are the same anyway, so it hardly matters!

I hope my retirement is only temporary, but I have been enjoying it! :)

Should be a GREAT 928 weekend...I think our weather is supposed to be VERY nice! Cool, clear...yummy! This is what we live for in Central Texas! FALL!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• 87 Shark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
19 Nov 2010 16:04 #2086 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday
I plan on installing a short throw shifter, a RMB, repair the sun roof, new tires all around, paint the brake calipers,and look into repairing the rear hatch release. The interior trim needs new clips as some panels are not as tight as I would like. I also need the timming belt checked and will seek lots of advice and help on this. I just don't knowwhen it was last changed. I was told it was done recently but no date. The car runs great but I need to know for sure. Also need to go through all the fuses and clean thegrounds (find them first).

• 87 Shark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
19 Nov 2010 16:14 #2087 by 87 Shark

Oh ya the sister inlaw will vacuum and make all kind of noise you can bet because she will want to clean while you try, did I say try and sleep.
You might as well move into camp.

That is why I built the 12 by 20 addition onto the garage. Total size is now 20 by 34. Istill have to install more heat, cable TV, and a fridge. Already have my camp propane stove. Lots of room for me and my dog. Thinking of calling it the SHARK CAVE. What do you think? I think my guitars may end up here to.I love to play but need more time to practice (and lessons).:D

More
19 Nov 2010 16:20 #2088 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday
Dave, you are getting there...keep up the good work... My airconditioned garage is 23' X 65'! YEE HA! And double tall so I can actually park one shark on top of another if I want!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• 87 Shark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
19 Nov 2010 16:35 #2089 by 87 Shark
I thought of raising the roof but not worth it. I need to find a scisor lift to work on the car more comfortably. Getting to old to lie on a creeper to long (I fall asleep). This type lift will raise 4 feet. This is plenty and no issues with the floor to support a 2 post lift.

More
19 Nov 2010 22:37 #2090 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic nov. 18 Thurs. is my new Friday
Hey Dave, do you have a copy of the WSM? All of the ground points are listed and include photos. If you believe the that the TB/WP has done recently, then you might consider just simply changing the belt for peace of mind. You'll still need the flywheel lock and Kempf tool, but you'll need those tools down the road at some point anyway. You can get a new belt and both tools for somewhere around $140 from 928sRus. If I were you, I would go ahead and replace the WP with one of Ed's while I was in there. I would at least change the belt. Rebuilding the tensioner or replacing it with a PKtensioner is something else to think about entirely.

• 87 Shark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
20 Nov 2010 16:27 #2095 by 87 Shark
I have the WSM on pdf. Flywheel lock and kempf tool on christmass list,and I will change the WP with on of Ed's. Just have to figure out when. Will check on tensioner when I'm in there.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!