how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22

More
22 Nov 2010 23:29 #2106 by 928mac
how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22 was created by 928mac
Hey Deb and I have not had a cigarette since saturday and we are still together.

well, a short how dee do well I continue to chew my fingers off.

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2010 23:52 #2107 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22
Hang in there man! That is a hard one to kick... Chantix (you can get it here in the states on Rx anyway) and Zyban are pretty helpful drugs if you want to go down that road. I hear mixed reviews from the nicotine patches.

Good luck...sure wish I could get my dad to quit but just does not look like it is going to happen.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
23 Nov 2010 00:45 #2108 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22
I think fingers grow back anyways... :D

Good luck to you both!

More
23 Nov 2010 07:58 #2109 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22
I quit not too long ago, Brad. In my experience, cold turkey is the only way to go. I smoked a pack and a half a day. I was on my way home from work when I began to crave one. Went to light up and realized I was smoking my last one. For me, I just simply decided at that time that I wasn't going to stop. I just didn't feel like it. I wanted to get home. Planned on getting a pack the next morning, but when I woke up, I kind of just decided to make a game of seeing how long I could go without one since it had already been 15 hours or so. After 3 days, I began to crave one less and less. After a week, I had forgotten all about cigarettes.

More
23 Nov 2010 10:15 #2110 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22

I quit not too long ago, Brad. In my experience, cold turkey is the only way to go. I smoked a pack and a half a day. I was on my way home from work when I began to crave one. Went to light up and realized I was smoking my last one. For me, I just simply decided at that time that I wasn't going to stop. I just didn't feel like it. I wanted to get home. Planned on getting a pack the next morning, but when I woke up, I kind of just decided to make a game of seeing how long I could go without one since it had already been 15 hours or so. After 3 days, I began to crave one less and less. After a week, I had forgotten all about cigarettes.

And thats what I told Deb, cold turkey is the only way that works.

The last time I quit I lasted 3.5 years.
went through a separation last year, moved out in april, started smoking after 3.5 and drinking after 14 yrs.
Bought a nice new house, bought nice new everything (left her the old shit ;) ) met Deb end of July (opps) picked up the 928 in sept.

everything was for the best except I wanted to quit smoking again and Deb was game to quit with me. working on day 3 now.

Off work today to go in for that heart stress test to see if they can find anything wrong. I don't expect they will but we'll see.

Brad

More
23 Nov 2010 10:54 #2112 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22
Keep up the good work on the quitting...it will help your heart too!

Be cool Brad!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
23 Nov 2010 18:50 #2113 by monte928
Replied by monte928 on topic how about good evening 928,rs Nov.22
it will be the best thing you will ever do for yourself. food will taste better too!

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!