YE HAA! Its friday dec 10

More
10 Dec 2010 07:20 #2306 by 928mac
Morning all, Worked on the car some last night.

No plans for tonight, what about you guys?

Whats your fav driving tunes
Ya its Friday
Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2010 09:38 #2307 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic YE HAA! Its friday dec 10
Good morning all.

Snow on the forecast for us, guess I should get some last minute driving in quick :)

Hope to get to a few projects on the GT this winter, swapping the pod for a recovered one and cleaning the electrical connections in that area are top of the list. Going to swap in new dist. caps & rotors and then review my running issues again. Then to pursue the electrical drain, which could be related to the running issues...Still have thoughts of an SC install if I can resolve my issues.

On the 928 cousin car, my M3, I will swap on the snow tires for some intermittent driving, but it has an oil leak to be resolved, and the SC waiting to be installed.

The race car shortblock build is on the want to do list, but motivation is still only luke warm.

I was high bidder on an '88 944 on ebay, as it is local and maintained by a shop I know. I was supposed to pick it up today, but the owner says it developed an antifreeze leak, so he will have the shop review that to resolve any concerns on either of our parts. This has a good chance of becoming my wife's car, as it was her interest that led me to finding it.

Mostly a racquetball weekend in front of me, as I review clubs to join.

More
10 Dec 2010 10:08 #2308 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic YE HAA! Its friday dec 10

Good morning all.

Snow on the forecast for us, guess I should get some last minute driving in quick :)

Hope to get to a few projects on the GT this winter, swapping the pod for a recovered one and cleaning the electrical connections in that area are top of the list. Going to swap in new dist. caps & rotors and then review my running issues again. Then to pursue the electrical drain, which could be related to the running issues...Still have thoughts of an SC install if I can resolve my issues.

On the 928 cousin car, my M3, I will swap on the snow tires for some intermittent driving, but it has an oil leak to be resolved, and the SC waiting to be installed.

The race car shortblock build is on the want to do list, but motivation is still only luke warm.

I was high bidder on an '88 944 on ebay, as it is local and maintained by a shop I know. I was supposed to pick it up today, but the owner says it developed an antifreeze leak, so he will have the shop review that to resolve any concerns on either of our parts. This has a good chance of becoming my wife's car, as it was her interest that led me to finding it.

Mostly a racquetball weekend in front of me, as I review clubs to join.

Morning Stan, I hope you can get that driving time in.
Good luck with the projects and the electrical drain (mine was that big rear defog relay)
Also looking forward to some pictures and updates as you get motivated.
I find that just to walk over to the project and touch something, or remove 1 screw or bolt gets me started.

Hope the new to you 944 works out, nice car for the little woman.

Cold here today

Observed at: Fort McMurray Airport Date: 8:00 AM MST Friday 10 December 2010
  • Condition: Partly Cloudy Pressure: 30.39 inches Tendency: rising Visibility: 9 miles
  • Temperature: -18.8°F Dewpoint: -27.4°F Humidity: 63 % Wind: NW 6 mph Wind Chill: -33 F

More
10 Dec 2010 11:57 #2309 by bstevens
Replied by bstevens on topic YE HAA! Its friday dec 10
Hey Stan, I just sold an '85 944 rescently. It was a fun car but not as fun as the 928 GT. Four more cylinders makes a big difference ya know. Hope your wife has a great time with it. Ben

More
10 Dec 2010 12:00 #2310 by pcar928fan
Brad,

I am cold just reading your forecast! OMG!!! I can't even imagine those temps!!! Holy crap!

Glad it is Friday here too...mostly because tomorrow is 2nd Saturday ASS gathering! The 928 Owners Club Region - Austin Shark Society has our regular GTG at Bone Daddy's (think Hooter's with BBQ!) tomorrow!

We are expecting a hell of a turn out with SEVERAL new to the area cars joining in! Can't wait to meet the new folks and see the new cars!

You guys have a good weekend and bundle up!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
10 Dec 2010 12:46 #2311 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic YE HAA! Its friday dec 10
Ben,

She had one before, and has missed it since it went. I used hers a bit, and it was ok on long highway runs, good fuel mileage. I had a 944TS at that time though, and as a power addict wouldn't mind having another.

A well maintained 70k mile 944 is hard to find though, and as it was local I figured I would get it, and eventually she will want it :)

My GT is likely a "death till we part" car for me :D

More
10 Dec 2010 14:06 #2312 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic YE HAA! Its friday dec 10
Stan Maybe you need to run into the same guy I did.

Ran into him a work the joys of up north.

Attached files [img]media/attachments/2367=186-santa one.jpg[/img] [img]media/attachments/2367=185-santa two.jpg[/img]

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!