Hello From the New Guy...and what color is this?

More
27 Jan 2010 14:14 #91 by Special Ed
Hello All!

My name is John (no, it's not Ed, despite my screen name :) ) and I live in Thornton, Colorado.

I just bought a 1987 928S4 last night and decided that it would be in my best interest, and more importantly in my car's best interest, to join this wonderful club. I was very pleased to see this group in existence (to say the least). Thank you for being here.

I am trying to figure out what the official name and/or color code is/are for my new baby. The main reason is because I want to put a dash cover in the car since it's already suffering from those infernal cracks and I'm not planning on replacing/repairing it in the near term. I figured I could at least keep the sun off of it until I'm ready to fix the problem. I guess I am also curious to know if y'all have a preferred dash cover or material. Here's a couple of pictures of the interior (best I have right now):

Image: johnwisephotography.com/images/928backSeat.jpg
Image: johnwisephotography.com/images/928frontSeat.jpg

Oh...do y'all know if I can buy an owner's manual for this car from the dealership? I found them at 928intl.com but they're on back order.

I look forward to what lies in store for me with this group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adminVB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Jan 2010 14:30 #92 by adminVB
I would suspect one of the 928 vendors is your best option on the manual. You should be aware of, and check with, 928gt.com and 928srus.com as well. 928motorsports.com is another vendor but not likely to have a manual as far as I know.

For a CD with great information on it, might include the manual, contact Jim Morehouse at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In the driver door jamb there should be a plate that lists the car colors. Possibly that includes the interior color. I am not sure offhand.

For interior options, I would suggest contact Rob Budd at www.classic9leathershop.com/ or Paul Champagne at www.designpaulchampagne.com/ Of the two, I think only Rob offers a cover, but they both know the 928 well so can assist you even with color selections.

More
27 Jan 2010 14:57 #93 by Special Ed
Thank you for the tips. I found the manual at 928gt.com so went ahead and ordered it. I will contact Rob and Paul to check my options for covers.

Cheers,
John

• Richter12x2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Apr 2010 12:21 #166 by Richter12x2
Replied by Richter12x2 on topic Hello From the New Guy...and what color is this?
Robb's a good guy, I've worked with him in the past for a carpet set, dash cover and cluster cover. Beautiful work!

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!