Porsche 928 Owners Club Arrives At Gmund (Denver)

More
19 Dec 2010 21:40 #2370 by 928mac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2010 14:18 #2481 by HunterBoss
Brad

Where is this in Denver? Does he have it up all the time or was it something just for the meet? I travel to Denver a lot and have never heard of this.

Christopher

More
27 Dec 2010 14:47 #2484 by 928mac

Brad

Where is this in Denver? Does he have it up all the time or was it something just for the meet? I travel to Denver a lot and have never heard of this.

Christopher

This was taped in 06, maybe Stan or someone else has gone.
I just thought it interesting

More
27 Dec 2010 15:34 #2486 by srshaw3
An OCIC is held whenever someone finds the time and effort to put one on :) They don't occur in the same place usually, and are usually organized by different people.

More
28 Dec 2010 08:08 #2498 by HunterBoss
Stan and Brad,

So does that mean that the Gmund reproduction was only temporary for the OCIC?

But, if the buildings are still standing I'd be interested in seeing them during a future visit to Denver.

Christopher

More
28 Dec 2010 10:00 #2502 by srshaw3
Sorry, I don't know anything of the Gmund reproduction, the OCIC was held at the same time because of it.

A quick google search with "gmund porsche colorado" provides some possibly useful results.

More
18 Jan 2011 00:21 #2912 by Rich928
Oh yes, I attended the event! We had our 928 OCIC event on Friday night and Saturday. Sunday we motored on to this event.

The "Gmund" event was hosted by a Porsche 356 fanatic. He started hosting 356 events and year after year they grew and owners of other models were invited. I think this 2006 event might have been his last. The street is "U" shaped, and this gentleman owns several of the properties - and they all filled up with Porsches of every model - even Porsche tractors that we got to drive. As I recall, the 10th 356 that was built was there on display.

The garage is modeled after the original Gmund garage where the first models were hand made.

I have many photos of the event. If you'd like to see them, drop me a note at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll zip them up and send them out.

Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!