Good Monday morning 1/17

• WyattsRide
  • WyattsRide's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Jan 2011 07:37 #2885 by WyattsRide
Good Monday morning 1/17 was created by WyattsRide
Good Morning! Have the day off today. No not because of MLK Day. Had to take off to watch my daughter. She has off today from school.

We're going to a little around the house and then maybe go shopping. Daddy daughter day. Nothing with the Shark though, unless I have her help me clean some grounds. ;)

Anyways, started the ground point cleaning yesterday I've wanted to do for a while. Didn't get far though. See my profile for more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2011 09:31 #2889 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Good Monday morning 1/17
Good morning all;
I was gone all weekend but i'm back now.
We got as cold as -38C last night. Remember that -40 C and F are the same. To dam cold.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

• WyattsRide
  • WyattsRide's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Jan 2011 09:38 #2890 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic Good Monday morning 1/17

Good morning all;
I was gone all weekend but i'm back now.
We got as cold as -38C last night. Remember that -40 C and F are the same. To dam cold.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

:eek: That's gotta hurt!

More
17 Jan 2011 14:16 #2892 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic Good Monday morning 1/17
-30 here last night Brad, -38 with wind chill. Feel's baumy now at -16 in the sun. Snow tomorow and then cold again. 2 1/2 months till spring and can't wait.

More
17 Jan 2011 15:20 #2895 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Good Monday morning 1/17
It was 55F when I went out to ride about noon today! No wind to speak of. Maybe a light gust up to 3 or 4 mph out of the SE but nothing to write home about for sure. Really a beautiful day for a ride on the handcycle!

A week of not riding and eating to many Freebird's Burritos and to much Louie Mueller's BBQ really put the hurt on me though! I got my A$$ kicked! ;)

You guys stay warm up there! You might think about a winter home in the Austin area! I don't know how you guys do it frankly!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
17 Jan 2011 15:49 #2896 by 928mac
Whats a cheep 1400sq' home run down there James

More
17 Jan 2011 17:00 #2897 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic Good Monday morning 1/17
love to go to AUSTIN. Being in the snow and road maintenance buisiness, I will wait until I retire. Dad has a place in Lake Placid Florida. It's great but hot.Nice to get away. Next time i'mdown south I'll check out thefar side of the Gulf. Dad want's me to store the car down south; not a chance with my freeloader brother in law there all winter.

More
17 Jan 2011 17:12 #2898 by pcar928fan
Brad,

Can vary wildly depending on where you want to live...incidentally that is about 200 sq. ft. smaller than my garage! LOL!

My old 'hood (where there are a fair number of 3 car garage homes) I would say you might could do 1400 sq. ft. (if they even built anything that small) for $150k...maybe a bit less. A 3 car garage home in the 1850 - 2100 sq. ft. range would probably be around$180k. Not a big difference in payment over time for the increased size and garage space...

Go to wcad.org and put in zip code 78717 and see what pops up. That is my old zip and has a bunch of really decent normal sort of sized houses in it. Some very new and some quite old (say 35+ years) and you should see all kinds of good stuff. wcad is Williamson County Appraisal District...my old house was 8407 Cambria Dr...it was 3 car 2200 sq ft...really decent place. You can get valuations there...at least what the county thinks the homes are worth for their tax purposes anyway! Had we stayed there we would have owned it outright for nearly 4 years! OH WELL!

Well, scratch that WCAD stuff...it was not working for me today. Any real estate agent (or website) can show you homes in 78717 that are for sale and the prices.

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
17 Jan 2011 21:15 #2904 by 928mac

Brad,

Can vary wildly depending on where you want to live...incidentally that is about 200 sq. ft. smaller than my garage! LOL!

My old 'hood (where there are a fair number of 3 car garage homes) I would say you might could do 1400 sq. ft. (if they even built anything that small) for $150k...maybe a bit less. A 3 car garage home in the 1850 - 2100 sq. ft. range would probably be around$180k. Not a big difference in payment over time for the increased size and garage space...

Go to wcad.org and put in zip code 78717 and see what pops up. That is my old zip and has a bunch of really decent normal sort of sized houses in it. Some very new and some quite old (say 35+ years) and you should see all kinds of good stuff. wcad is Williamson County Appraisal District...my old house was 8407 Cambria Dr...it was 3 car 2200 sq ft...really decent place. You can get valuations there...at least what the county thinks the homes are worth for their tax purposes anyway! Had we stayed there we would have owned it outright for nearly 4 years! OH WELL!

Well, scratch that WCAD stuff...it was not working for me today. Any real estate agent (or website) can show you homes in 78717 that are for sale and the prices.

Oh well thats not bad then James. thats a little less then a 1/4 of what I paid for my home here.
I just can't go to high because I will have to pay cash since I am not an AM citizen. I have an appointment with one of my managers on the 25 to see what is down that way for work. With out work we can only stay in the country for 183 days at a time.
We will see if anything pans out.

More
17 Jan 2011 22:37 #2906 by pcar928fan
D/FW has the biggest 928 group right now, Austin is on the rise though so don't count us out and Houston is just getting rolling really! Houston is WAY to humid and hot, so I would NOT recommend H'town (WAY to much traffic too), but D/FW if you lived a bit out of town (say Prosper!) is decent and any place north or west in Austin is nice. South west of town in Circle C area is not bad either...

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
17 Jan 2011 22:51 #2908 by 928mac
weatherfordtxhomesforsale.net/idx/mls-11...rford_tx_76087_2216/

If I move there, something like this is in my range

More
17 Jan 2011 22:56 #2909 by pcar928fan
Yea, that is a nice place bro! That would be a good place to live. Kind of important to move somewhere close to where the job is though...kind of doubt it would be Weatherford... Nice place! I like!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!