Jan. 23

• 87 Shark
  • 87 Shark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
23 Jan 2011 00:58 #3006 by 87 Shark
Jan. 23 was created by 87 Shark
Snow and cold with wind chill at -35. Snow squall in off lake Ontario (100 km away). Salting the roads until dawn and day shift can take over.
Best day in football today. Have a great day.:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2011 02:19 #3007 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Jan. 23
Keep warm and safe Dave.
You are getting the cold that we had last week

More
23 Jan 2011 08:13 #3008 by martinss
Replied by martinss on topic Jan. 23
It was being parted because it had an engine fire from a broken fuel line. Graphically stresses the need to replace those...

The car had also been partly stripped afterward, so it was interesting to see things that are normally hidden. I realized I've learned quite a bit in my 1+month of ownership, at least as regards basic layout. Lots and lots more to learn though.

BTW, I was able to take the spare cover off my needs list (everything else was toast or gone), though I don't doubt I'll make something better at some point. Right now I'm in the 'replace missing and fix broken' phase. Customization comes later if there's ever time to do that :)

Of note, the guy parting the car runs a Knight Rider reproduction business. He'd been going to race the 928 with a Chev small block - maybe the gods were watching... :rolleyes:

• 87 Shark
  • 87 Shark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
23 Jan 2011 13:21 #3011 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic Jan. 23
Just woke up in time to watch the rest of Barret-Jackson from scotsdale. Need to check my loto-max so as to plan my trip to West Palm for the next one. Sunday is the day of deals. You can't build these for what you can buy them for. I'd love to take 200,000$ with me and fill a new garage.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!