Good Morning 928 Fans, FEB 2nd 2011

More
01 Feb 2011 23:59 #3248 by 928mac
Hi all, I cheated and posted early, Good morning eh ;)

Well who was it that said when you go to fix something it is 1 ta 2 ratio.

Well they are wrong, it is at least 1 to 4 ratio

ah such is the 928 love affair, just like a good woman, always needing more money.

As luck will have it a good friend told me about a TBF where the engine is just sitting minus a few parts that have been given away.

I am waiting to see if the camshafts will come my way, hey and its a Euro too.
Better to marry her with her own kind.

Have a great 928 day

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2011 00:26 #3249 by pcar928fan
Good luck! I hope it works out GREAT!

In your honor our current temp is 17F and dropping and so is the windchill, now at 0F! YUCK!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
02 Feb 2011 07:32 #3250 by WyattsRide
Mornin' guys. Rainy and yucky here, but it's above freezing for now. Glad to hear that James is experiencing some of our weather! Not so fun is it?!? :D

More
02 Feb 2011 09:50 #3253 by 928mac

Good luck! I hope it works out GREAT!

In your honor our current temp is 17F and dropping and so is the windchill, now at 0F! YUCK!

Hey James, we are warmer then you guys, now what are the chances of that, eh.

I can tell it is cold down there because my computer is slow. ha ha no really, I log into Huston and Syncrude as it is a combined network and right now, . . . you guys are sloooow . . :pha ha as long as the server dosn't freeze ha ha :eek:

17F is -8C and we are at -5C and the radio said it would get close to our zero, or melting.
I always thought zero should be freezing when I was young and we also used Fahrenheit :cool:

You know what is nice in those temperatures, heated seats, mmmm just like sex :D

More
02 Feb 2011 14:05 #3255 by pcar928fan
We are rarely cold enough to need heated seats here...what are more useful here are A/Ced seats, but I think only Mercedes builds cars with those! I wonder how hard they would be to slip in to a 928? LOL!

Yea, we were 16F when my wife got up this AM! Still a raging wind too so I am guessing we were -5F windchill. Freakin' cold!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
02 Feb 2011 15:45 #3260 by 87 Shark
WE ARE -10 HERE and the wind is -20. Just shovelled the lane and a foot of snow down and still snowing.In to work for 7pm through to 7am tomorow. Going to be a busy weekend.

More
02 Feb 2011 17:12 #3263 by pcar928fan
Dave, ugh...that is all I can say. We are cold, but no precip, so no snow and NO ICE! Thank goodness!

We are going to be 15 or 16F again tonight with pretty high winds, so we should be down around 0F or even in the - with windchill! We are NOT used to that here!!! We have been having rolling black outs today as they try to keep the grid up and running. We usually see this in the summer w/ everyone running their A/C's but NOT in the winter time! Damn Global Warming! How does Al Gore even show his face anymore! His whole climate change (as in MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING...REMEMBER, that was his first shot at this!!!) is such a farce and has been shown to be a full on wealth transfer from nations that have to those who don't, but there are still believers out there who just fail to grasp that.

Sorry, I get on my soap box every now and then. Don't get me wrong though, we need to conserve and recycle ANY TIME WE CAN, but we all need to do it and we don't need it crammed down our throats and we don't need to pay other countries to do it...

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
03 Feb 2011 07:40 #3275 by 87 Shark
Al gore and David Suzuki (Canadian equivalent) are both idiots that should be made to run outside naked in these globally warmed temperatures and then come back inside and see if they still have the balls to say its warming outside.I think the shrinkage will speak for itself, personally globall warming can't get here fast enough. After a night like last night I really don't have the patience for their BS.
Sorry for the rant but just had to say it.

More
03 Feb 2011 07:51 #3277 by martinss

Al gore and David Suzuki (Canadian equivalent) are both idiots that should be made to run outside naked in these globally warmed temperatures and then come back inside and see if they still have the balls to say its warming outside.I think the shrinkage will speak for itself, personally global warming can't get here fast enough. After a night like last night I really don't have the patience for their BS.
Sorry for the rant but just had to say it.

I guess you shouldn't read the data: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumental_temperature_record or considerations as to cause en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attribution_of_recent_climate_change

More
03 Feb 2011 08:02 #3278 by 87 Shark
Everyone agrees that 200,000 or so yrs ago we had an ice age. That ice started melting long before I started burning 94 octane in my posche and if I stopburning it I bet it will still keep melting. It;s just not melting fast enough here.

More
03 Feb 2011 18:17 #3288 by pcar928fan
LOL! Well put Dave! Well put! I love the fact that a retreating glacier in Switzerland uncovered a little village from about 500 years ago or so! We are just getting back to where we were after this little "mini-ice age"...

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!