Good Morning 928 Fans, FEB 11TH 2011

More
11 Feb 2011 14:31 #3408 by 928mac
Good Morning Everyone

I am cleaning the block and found at least 2 girdle bolts loose which is strange because I thought I torqued everything last year.

This means I will have to remove the oil pan and check all the bolts under there.
I hate that I have to remove all those pan bolts.

I may stop here for a bit and take Deb out for a bit.
See if I can sneak some valentines goodies in a bag with out her noticing. Ya Right.

Have A Great 928 Day

Brad

Attached files [img]media/attachments/3529=354-495.jpg[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2011 16:24 #3409 by pcar928fan
Good luck with the sneaky sneaky!

I picked up the '88 S4 today and DAMN...IT IS FASTER than when I dropped it off...

Seem to be running a slightly (say 300-400) higher rpm at highway speeds, but I think the 87/88 auto trannys are the same, so maybe this '87 got an '89 put in it somewhere along the way???? I don't know but it is snappy, I'll tell you that for sure!!! Glad to have it back home!

It could also be that the new brain is just better than the old brain...Same "performance" chip though...

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
11 Feb 2011 20:11 #3415 by 928mac

Good luck with the sneaky sneaky!

I picked up the '88 S4 today and DAMN...IT IS FASTER than when I dropped it off...

Seem to be running a slightly (say 300-400) higher rpm at highway speeds, but I think the 87/88 auto trannys are the same, so maybe this '87 got an '89 put in it somewhere along the way???? I don't know but it is snappy, I'll tell you that for sure!!! Glad to have it back home!

It could also be that the new brain is just better than the old brain...Same "performance" chip though...

Well James, correct me if I am wrong but is not the 89 the preferred ride?

I know that my stock 89 Euro cooks.
I have had a few challengers already and even though it has been close, nothing has gotten by me, and some of those turbo charged buzz boxes are fast.

That said I know there is some mean muscle in town which is why I want a surprise under the hood that will guarantee The Porsche don't loose.

More
11 Feb 2011 20:46 #3417 by 87 Shark
I have the 87 5speed. How much difference(stock) to the later models. My buddy told me to get performance chips, but did'nt see the point as I can't max out what I have now. On our last runbefore winter I actually had it up to 6400 rpm in 2nd gear and was doing 145kph.Is this stock chips as tach was still rising.

More
11 Feb 2011 22:29 #3424 by pcar928fan
Dave I think cut off (can't remember if it is fuel or ignition) is 6600...incidentally that is redline for the GT's, and probably why the blow up on the track so often.

Yea, I like the '89's... I tell folks who ask me about 928's, "If you can only have ONE 928 and you can't afford a GTS, then get an '89, then '88 then '87 and then go the other way, '90, '91...". I like the looks of the S4's and even more so the GTS's. YMMV... I know more than a few folks who prefer the S bodies, while they are my LEAST favorite (so of course I have THREE of them!)

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!