928 mechanics/shops forum?

• adminVB
  • adminVB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Feb 2011 08:38 #3439 by adminVB
928 mechanics/shops forum? was created by adminVB
I had tried to assemble a list of 928 mechanics/shops at one point, but the response was underwhelming. I was reminded of that today, and was wondering whether this is something that would be supported now, perhaps with another forum like roadside assistance. The form I had created to gather information is at 928oc.org/928_shop_information.htm

P.S. I do intend to make more progress on Dwayne's technical documents shortly, less snow means more time for me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2011 10:05 #3445 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?
No shop in Fort McMurray that I would let touch a 928.

Webber motors in Edmonton (maybe)
Norden Porsche in Edmonton (expensive)

Perhaps some of the others know or have used some 928 shops.
what about 928 international

More
13 Feb 2011 11:17 #3450 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?
Make a sticky post to the Roadside Assistance forum that includes a comprehensive list of known pro shops/mechanics. Then, just change the title of the forum to include the modifications. :)

More
13 Feb 2011 11:29 #3454 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?

Make a sticky post to the Roadside Assistance forum that includes a comprehensive list of known pro shops/mechanics. Then, just change the title of the forum to include the modifications. :)

Thats a great Idea. they should be in one spot and easy to find. :)

More
23 Feb 2011 07:52 #3646 by the flying scotsman
Like Brad theres no Shop near my home I'd recommend to work on a 928.

Given that we owners who live in relatively remote locations become somewhat experienced with 928 matters we could provide emergency information and perhaps further assistance if possible.

More
23 Feb 2011 13:50 #3650 by pcar928fan
I would add TPWS in Austin, TX if they have not been added yet, but I think I did add them to this list back when it first started. Love to see this revived and put close to the Roadside assistance list!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
19 Apr 2011 09:59 #4515 by Carl Fausett
I'be been keeping this list for about 5 years now.
www.928motorsports.com/parts/superinstall.cfm

It is sorted by state.

If you have ideas, send them to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I need their phone number because I insist on speaking to them first before I add them to the list to see if they stillwant to do more 928 work.

Carl Fausett
Phone: 920-485-0928
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
27 May 2011 20:14 #4973 by Sweet928
Replied by Sweet928 on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?
Thanks Carl! Two leads in NJ! I'll give them a call. I used Body Motion in Neptune, NJ 15 years ago on my 87 S4 for a rack replacement. Mine failed on the road and they were the only option. Worked out fine, but I don't know if they are still 928 "friendly". Anyone have direct recent 928 experience with Body Motion? How about Brother to Brother in Medford? I never heard of them. Wish I could find a place closer. These two are 1.5 hours away.

More
10 Jun 2011 12:52 #5082 by Mirlene
Replied by Mirlene on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?

I had tried to assemble a list of 928 mechanics/shops at one point, but the response was underwhelming. I was reminded of that today, and was wondering whether this is something that would be supported now, perhaps with another forum like roadside assistance. The form I had created to gather information is at 928oc.org/928_shop_information.htm

Is that submission form still working? Wanted to confirm because I just submitted info for a shop and it seemed to have gone through ok but then I was redirected to a non-working page so not sure.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together-I can't begin to tell you how difficult it was for me to find a local mechanic familiar with 928s.

More
10 Jun 2011 12:58 #5083 by Mirlene

Is that submission form still working? Wanted to confirm because I just submitted info for a shop and it seemed to have gone through ok but then I was redirected to a non-working page so not sure.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together-I can't begin to tell you how difficult it was for me to find a local mechanic familiar with 928s.

More
10 Jun 2011 12:59 #5084 by Mirlene

More
10 Jun 2011 13:07 #5085 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?
Yes, I received your input and have just saved it with the others. With only a few shops submitted, I am not sure there is value in displaying them, so I never put up the pdf....

More
10 Jun 2011 13:15 #5086 by Mirlene
oh I see - well, thanks anyway for trying :)

More
10 Jun 2011 13:20 #5087 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?

I can't begin to tell you how difficult it was for me to find a local mechanic familiar with 928s.

Hopefully people will find this forum to ask, as in general if we don't know a 928 mechanic in your area, we will know someone who does know :)

More
11 Jun 2011 00:55 #5091 by pcar928fan
Well, I can think of two right off the top of my head... Sean Ratts in the D/FW area and Matt at TPWS who works on all my cars!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
27 Sep 2011 14:12 #6295 by Barbgsd
Replied by Barbgsd on topic 928 mechanics/shops forum?
Carl, thank you for the list. I just had a nightmare with a local shop-8 weeks for a shift replacement, iginition switch,sunroof repair. My poor car still isn't right. I pleaded with the "mechanic" to get my car back to me so I could take my father for a ride(he just passed away from pancreatic cancer on the 15th). I finally got my car back last Sunday-things still aren't right. Anyone having work done in the Northeast please pm me. Great guy but has lots of issues-lost my 1st summer with my 928 and my father never got a ride in the car. Do not let this happens to anyone else!!:mad:

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!