SK Tools

More
13 Feb 2011 11:27 #3457 by 928mac
SK Tools was created by 928mac
Looks Awesome Rick. Some of my tools are rusty, yours look great.

Hey isn't that the way it goes when we get old, our tools get rusty :rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2011 11:52 #3456 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic SK Tools

Looks Awesome Rick. Some of my tools are rusty, yours look great.

Hey isn't that the way it goes when we get old, our tools get rusty :rolleyes:

Brad, speaking of tools...

Did you know that SK went bankrupt?!?! I had no idea until recently and I then discovered that they had been acquired by another company who plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Illinois. Ideal Industries is the name of the company, I believe. I just hope they will continue to have the same commitment to quality that the old SK was remembered for. SK killed their professional market when they decided to start offering their tools in retail stores and through online wholesalers IMO. I think that's what did them in, ultimately. I have a lot of SK stuff, so I am quite interested to see what transpires. About 55% of my drive tools are SK. All of my other drive tools and most of my hand tools are Snap-On and I have a few Craftsman hand tools, too. Do you have any SK stuff? I don't want to have to ever exchange a good, old SK tool for a cheapo replacement!

More
13 Feb 2011 12:15 #3460 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic SK Tools

Brad, speaking of tools...

Did you know that SK went bankrupt?!?! I had no idea until recently and I then discovered that they had been acquired by another company who plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Illinois. Ideal Industries is the name of the company, I believe. I just hope they will continue to have the same commitment to quality that the old SK was remembered for. SK killed their professional market when they decided to start offering their tools in retail stores and through online wholesalers IMO. I think that's what did them in, ultimately. I have a lot of SK stuff, so I am quite interested to see what transpires. About 55% of my drive tools are SK. All of my other drive tools and most of my hand tools are Snap-On and I have a few Craftsman hand tools, too. Do you have any SK stuff? I don't want to have to ever exchange a good, old SK tool for a cheapo replacement!

I think most of the (Mac Tools) are SK and about 1/3 of my tools are Mac, 1/2 Snap-on and the rest are whatever. Some craftsmen

More
13 Feb 2011 12:40 #3464 by Kiln_Red

I think most of the (Mac Tools) are SK and about 1/3 of my tools are Mac, 1/2 Snap-on and the rest are whatever. Some craftsmen

Mac is the professional line of Stanley. They have no affiliation to SK at all. SK and Cornwell produce only pro quality tools as far as I know. Snap-On makes BluePoint and Kobalt in addition to their Snap-On pro line. Danaher owns Matco and Craftsman. Stanley owns Mac.

More
13 Feb 2011 12:51 #3465 by Kiln_Red
Hey, Brad. While we're on the subject.. What kind of box do you have? Mine is the SO KRL761 similar to the one below.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
13 Feb 2011 13:01 #3466 by 928mac
Oh God it is such a mess but here it is.
It is the Tech 1000 from Mac.
I traded in on it from a triple level Snap-on because I went to a heavy duty shop and could use the top as a bench

67" long 25" deep

Attached files [img]media/attachments/3587=390-IMG_0819.jpg[/img]

More
13 Feb 2011 13:08 #3468 by Kiln_Red
I like it. Mine is packed full, but so long as it holds everything I'll survive with it.

More
13 Feb 2011 20:39 #3479 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic SK Tools
You guys have really big boxes!! ;)

More
14 Feb 2011 07:04 #3482 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic SK Tools
:DI'm not going to bite on Valentine's day:D

More
14 Feb 2011 07:15 #3485 by 928mac
:D and big tools :D

More
14 Feb 2011 10:23 #3487 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic SK Tools

:D and big tools :D

That goes without saying! :D

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!