Good Moring 928 fans - 24 February - Alarming

• martinss
  • martinss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Feb 2011 07:18 #3668 by martinss
One of my next jobs is to pull the door panels, redye them and correct a warp, and while they are out fix the various mechanical components, including the central locks. Mine do crazy things. If I lock the passenger side from inside the drivers side locks too, but then won't unlock with either knob or the central switch - I have to climb out of the passenger side and unlock the door with a key from the outside. I suspect a combination of broken or misaligned mechnical parts and poor grounds or switches. Time will tell. But when looking at this at 11pm last night in a closed garage with the hood open, I did trigger the central alarm. Apparently it works very well - the noise was almost deafening :eek:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2011 13:57 #3673 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Good Moring 928 fans - 24 February - Alarming
Yea, I have done stuff like that before! Accidentally set the alarm and then open a door! OUCH! NOT FUN! Especially w/ the hood open! YUCK! Yea, your locks are doing funny stuff for sure. Probably something binding on that drivers door lock. Might not even be evident when you take it apart. You will then put it back together and for no reason at all it will work fine! That is what was going on with my '84 passenger door. You could not turn the lock AT ALL from the inside (or in that case from the outside either) so you could not lock the car at all! Just taking it apart and putting it back together was enough magic to fix it though.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
24 Feb 2011 15:35 #3674 by 87 Shark
Replied by 87 Shark on topic Good Moring 928 fans - 24 February - Alarming
I accidently set off my alarm when I first bought the car.I did'nt know I had an alarm so had no idea what was going on. I had thekey so tried to start the car as with north american models and it won't start. It is 545am by this time, and I am tacking the car in to work for the fist time to show off and all hell has broken loose. Lucky for me that the owner's manuals were in the glove compartment. That alarm wakes you up better than coffee first thing in the morning.

More
24 Feb 2011 16:59 #3677 by 928mac
Ya me 3,
I lock the door in the garage with the window down becouse then the dash turns off.

Then one day well showing someone the car, reached inside and tried to open it without graping the key off the dash. alarm went off.
One other time I reached in and poped the hood, forgeting that it was locked. Alarm went off.

Opened door with key and maybe even starteing it turned it off.

More
24 Feb 2011 18:17 #3683 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Good Moring 928 fans - 24 February - Alarming
If you set the alarm off you need to relock the door with the key from the outside and then unlock them... that way the system is back to a zero setting.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!