You know someone else has been there first when you find...!

• martinss
  • martinss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Apr 2011 09:08 #4306 by martinss
I thought this might make an entertaining thread. When you went to some effort to remove or open something in your 928, and you found clear evidence of a PO or mechanic having been there. Wiring woes are certainly common on some 928 posts, as are talk of white powder from a former 'dealers' car. But what else?

I'll start...
When I removed the front seats of my S4 to refurbish them, I found: a used engine thermostat, a bottle of gas line antifreeze, lots of coins, a memorial poppy emblem, a small bell from a lady's bracelet, pens, pencils, an ink nib, pistachio shells (lots), a spark plug socket, a house key on a key ring with a "#1 Mom" fob, heart medication, parking stubs, gas receipts, an empty film canister, a bottle cap, a Chicklets box, a pair of fine tweezers, and a golf ball. And you thought there wasn't much space under the front seats.

Speaking of a golf ball - it must have been rolling on the bare floor for years, making a corresponding noise, to look like this:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Did I mentioned the passenger seat was jammed and the seat switches look like this (they actually work, but are just missing the buttons):

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Maybe not a coincidence?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2011 18:04 #4324 by SeanR
I have found lots of things in various places.

Old oil fill cap stuck between the radiator and the fans.
Hundreds of valet tabs in the dash.
Lots of money.
Tools of various sorts. Rusted wrench in the door.
Found a 13mm nut in the number 8 intake port, stuck just above the valves. (my car)

Can't think of anything else right off hand, but I know there is more.

• martinss
  • martinss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Apr 2011 18:55 #4325 by martinss

I have found lots of things in various places.
Lots of money...

Years ago I bought a Peugeot 504 for $1,500 and found $50 under the seat.

More
06 Apr 2011 20:14 #4328 by WyattsRide
What are you talking about Martin? You found some excellent stuff under your seats! I've got pull mine out to see what I find! I love treasure hunts. But, unfortunately, I think my PO kept the car too clean. :mad:

He did leave me a quarter in the coin holder on the driver's door though. He said that same coin was there when he bought it. It stays.

More
08 Apr 2011 07:39 #4339 by 87 Shark
Replaced my shifter rod yesterday and what I found was that the innsulating foam was stuck in the springs and the retainer clips were missing. Looks like the PO cut theoriginal leverdown. He did not reinstall the the Cclipsthat hold the rod in place.

More
08 Apr 2011 08:30 #4343 by WyattsRide
BTW Martin. You realize that golf ball was stolen from a driving range don't you? Do you have any plans to drive around to the local driving ranges and asking if they are missing this ball?

:)

More
12 Apr 2011 21:36 #4422 by Ducman82
bank stubs, gum wrappers, gum, 45ACP shells, bank loan papers, parking stubs, and lots of change and broken glass.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!