My car wont start

More
24 Apr 2011 14:30 #4585 by hconwell
My car wont start was created by hconwell
Hi, I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right place.
I have an '87 I picked up a few years back with the hopes of restoring it. It has been running O.K. until lately. The problem is, I can start the car and keep the engine up above idle (1200-1500 rpm) until it warms up, but as soon as I let off on the throttle, it dies and I can't restart it unless I let it set for a couple of hours. At first I got 10-20 minutes out of it. Now it won't stay running after it drops down to an idle. Has anybody run into the same problem and if so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give,
Hugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2011 14:47 #4586 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic My car wont start
Hi Hugh, welcome to the 928 owners club.

Sorry to here about your problems but you should no that this may take a little work and some cash to fix.

That said I know you sure would like a dependable car that you could jump into and drive when ever you want.

You can have that with a little elbow grease and by spending some cash in just the right area to get the parts that you need.

SO! first things first.

Get your vin# and year of car in your signature line so everyone can help you source parts once we have diagnosed this old girl.

Second you will need some basic tools that can be picked up at sears or your closest auto supply store.

What you may have to do is to replace some gaskets or hoses.
It is possible its a fuel issue but I doubt it.

so lets get that info in there and take a picture of each side of the engine for us to see.

Good luck.
BTW Hugh I can move this thread to the general area but ILL wait till you respond so that you know where it is, or is going
Brad

More
24 Apr 2011 15:44 #4587 by hconwell
Replied by hconwell on topic My car wont start
Go ahead Brad and move it to the general area, please. I'll have to round up the VIN and pictures.

More
06 May 2011 22:27 #4724 by the flying scotsman
Did you get your car fixed Hugh?

BTW....welcome to the 928 OC :cool:

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!