Good morning - 30 April 2011

• martinss
  • martinss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Apr 2011 07:25 #4632 by martinss
Good morning - 30 April 2011 was created by martinss
Those of us who work on old cars are used to looking for good used parts to replace broken ones - especially when new ones are NLA or sold for crazy prices.

Yesterday I received a package of used interior parts that I bought on an eBay auction recently . They are in excellent shape, but dirty. The car they came off must have been pretty good. I just ran thru the 'Leatherique thing' on them and now they look great. But it got me thinking... did any previous owner consider that bits of his prized car will one day be stripped and used on another car? I doubt it, and I expect most would never care. It's the kind of thing I think about. My wife says I'm crazy - but then I'm working on a 928 so it's a given ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2011 11:23 #4633 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Good morning - 30 April 2011
Hmmm this makes me want to keep my car all to my self.
I don't mind swapping parts but I would feel sad if I new that my car, was spread all over the country

More
30 Apr 2011 16:10 #4634 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Good morning - 30 April 2011
My first parts car and probably several other folks parts cars were probably owned by folks that *thought* they would restore the cars at some point but then found they needed funds for something else (food, house payment, etc) and sold the car thinking, well this guy will bring it back to life and then BAM, all sorts of great parts available for those of us who have already nice cars that we need to KEEP that way!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!