its alive :)

More
06 May 2011 21:08 #4723 by the flying scotsman
As many know I pulled my intake off, again to resolve an issue I posted about in early March.

All is back together and shes never idled this smooth or ran so clean.

I'll explain more futher......gotta go back out to the garage and play some more............yes!!!!!:D:D:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2011 22:41 #4725 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic its alive :)
Intake was R&R a few years ago....ISV and TPS were checked good so not replaced.....everything else was replaced with new; gaskets, hoses. rebuilt injectors etc etc

Last year the car developed a cold idle stumble issue and after searching around for most of the driving season and early this spring determined the intake would have to come off.....again.
The problem was one of the new hoses split right at the ISV causing unmetered air to effect the cold idle.

Solution:......... replaced the bad hose, new ISV, TPS new 4 hole injectors, rear damper and fuel regulator, throttle plate brgs etc etc.

Not only is the problem fixed but it idles like never before and doesnt smell. It always ran like it was way to rich so conclude that either the injectors were leaking or the AFPR was set wrong or both.....Brad pay attention.

More
07 May 2011 17:48 #4729 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic its alive :)
Got ya buddy, I am putting a fuel pressure gauge on the rear of the drivers side.
This way I can monitor the pressure when I crack the throttle to make sure it seams to remain correct and stable.

Those 4 hole injectors you got will help atomize the mixture to reduce fuel droplets from making it into the cylinder.
How much are they?

Brad

More
07 May 2011 20:11 #4730 by the flying scotsman
Brad....the 4 hole injectors are the Ford type that plug and play into the 928 with different O rings.

This is the 2nd set I've used with great results.....the 1st set went into the GT I rebuilt last year.

Expect to pay ~$400 depending on your supplier......you know who I deal with;)

Btw.....the Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator has a wide range so you need to tune it......its exactly the same as the pic you sent.....a lock nut on a set screw that is used, engine running, warm and observe the Fuel guage as you describe :)
I have instructions for it.....somewhere? If I find I'll scan them and email.

More
08 May 2011 14:34 #4734 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic its alive :)
Well done Malcolm.

We are both right there now. :)

More
08 May 2011 20:29 #4739 by the flying scotsman
thx Sean......After the hose split was real low.

Amazing what getting her running as she should then going for a nice long drive.....just me, the 928 and empty highways.....perfect :D

More
08 May 2011 20:41 #4740 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic its alive :)
You have inspired me melcolm

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Just think, I did this on Mothers day

and it only took some flowers and for me to clean up the puppy poop to make things right
:D:D:D

More
08 May 2011 21:03 #4743 by the flying scotsman
xcellent Brad.....hope you have her running soon. :cool:

We need to get a few rides in together this season.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!