NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE!

• Sweet928
  • Sweet928's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 May 2011 13:03 #4966 by Sweet928
NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE! was created by Sweet928
Hi All, I just joined up on the 928 OC....Been a Rennlister for two years. I've already posted on Rennlist with limited response, but figured I'd try here too. I'm looking for someone either private or INDY who can work on my 79. I've got an oil leak that could be just a Cam tower gasket or a head gasket. I'm not equipped to do this type of work myself -- so I need help.

I used to use Capt Earl in PA but he's retired...So far I spoke to David Lloyd through Rennlist -- who put me in touch with a Stable Energies in Garfield but they don't work on old cars anymore. Spoke to Chris at Muscante in CT and they are well regarded by Rennlisters, but they are 3 hours away. I found a guy in Harriman, NY (Bill Haupt, former shop owner now doing weekend side work) who seemed like he could and would do the work. Unfortunately a few days later another customer with a 356 needs decided he wants a full engine rebuild and it's going to take Bill all summer to do it.

So, Anyone in North NJ area know of a 982 mechanic I can use or even a 928 owner who wants to make some extra $$$ doing the work the right way? My car is not a DD so time is open just need someone who is well regarded and capable with the tools and the skills.

As I mentioned above, my last resort is to send to CT but it's going to have to be towed there due to the oil leak. I don't even know what 140 mile tow will cost.

Wow, it's really getting hard to find a 928 service place these days!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2011 13:33 #4967 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE!
There were some good responses on the email that was sent out, did you review those options?

• Sweet928
More
27 May 2011 18:13 #4971 by Sweet928
Replied by Sweet928 on topic NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE!
I didn't get an email. Please resend.

• adminVB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 May 2011 21:16 #4974 by adminVB
Replied by adminVB on topic NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE!
CHeck your gmail account, you were copied on a number of emails by those in NJ with suggestions. I could resend them, but you should have received the ones already sent. Perhaps they are caught in your spam filter?

More
27 May 2011 21:24 #4975 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE!
I sent you a PM with a summary of the several emails, sent to your gmail account.

• Sweet928
More
27 May 2011 22:06 #4976 by Sweet928
Replied by Sweet928 on topic NJ mechanic needed HELP PLEASE!
Thanks. I got the one email summary you sent to my AOL address which I used to notify me of PM from the fourm, but nothing to my Gmail direclty....I'll check if any emails are stuck in the spam folder but I don't think so as I don't have a spam filter running.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. You guys ROCK. Really took the edge off my nerves --as I was getting stressed that I was going to have to ship my car far to get a good shop to work on it. I feel much better now. My biggest fear is bringing my baby to the wrong shop and paying for bad work. Hope to meet some of you guys soon. I was planning to go to SITM (If my oil leak wasn't as serious as it's become) but my company decided to have their company picnic this same weekend.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all you guys and thanks again!

David

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!