Sat, oct 29th Good Morning Drivers

More
29 Oct 2011 13:28 #6636 by 928mac
Good morning everyone.
Looks like a great day today in northern Alberta.

Get those miles on the car before its to late if you live in an area where you have to put it away for the winter.
I'm not sure if any of you drive your car all year? I wish I could.

Winter for me is a time that I have to fix the things that I let go when it is nice out because I know my driving time is only 6 months out of the year.

The year in front of me will not lead to much money going towards repairs due to the wedding and proposed honeymoon in June.

Still lots to do

I may take it for one last cruse around the block. I can't go far as the tires are thread barren.

Have a great 928 day

Brad

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2011 13:50 #6637 by Kiln_Red
Brad,

Although I haven't driven my '84 many times in the past year or longer, I do drive it at all times of the year. I have had the car all taken apart for a couple months now since I have been repainting bits and pieces of it. I am painting the front and rear bumpers tonight. I am painting the entire car, though, I am breaking it up into small weekend projects as that is the only way I can ever see getting it done. I just don't have very much time on my hands. I am thinking of using my vacation time from work to put it back together. It will take 2-3 days! These cars are truly built like a fortress inside and out.

Have a great 928 Saturday, everyone!! :cool:

More
29 Oct 2011 15:27 #6638 by pcar928fan
Our best driving days are still ahead of us here in CenTX!!! Today is a good one! High in the low 70's crystal clear skies! NICE!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
30 Oct 2011 07:39 #6649 by the flying scotsman
Going for a run today Brad.....supposed to be +15c then its done with highs barely above freezing for the rest of the week.

I'll also clean it up for the winter layaway and look at the list that wasnt done from last winter and add to what Id like to get done this year.

More
30 Oct 2011 08:27 #6652 by 87 Shark
Start night shift tonight for the next 5 months. Winter is comming to Ottawa fast. -7C last night and clear and cool today.
A small winter list this year but spring willgive me back the sunshine, my car and most importantly my first GRANDCHILD. This year more than others spring can't come soon enough.:D

More
30 Oct 2011 12:10 #6655 by 928mac
Hey Austin; Great to hear that your car is getting back together. I am sure that once you are done the painting it will look awesome. How about some pictures posted in your members car profile to keep us up to date. We love to look at pictures :D

Ya James; you always tell us how the the best season is this time of year.
For anyone that has not been to Texas but you have had to get into your car during those hot 85-90F degree days, that is the night time temp in mid to southern Texas. I remember when I lived in Longview Texas during the summer months I could not get the apartment temp below 90 at night with the AC running. brutal.

Malcolm, Take it for a long run and have a great time. I like to run mine as low to empty as possible. The last two years I have even drained it but I dont need to this year.

Dave I do not envy your winter nights in the winter other then the sunrise is an awesome view, unless your driving the plow truck and its in your eyes :rolleyes:

I'll finish putting the decorations out today for the monday night kids.

I like to draw on my pumpkin

s103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/bwmac/?...w¤t=medium.mp4

More
30 Oct 2011 18:49 #6662 by Kiln_Red
Okay, Brad. I took a few pics of the front bumper as I was working on it so I'll post them. If I would've had the time then I would have shot the rear bumper, mirrors, moldings, cowl and all those smaller bits today. I guess it will have to wait until next weekend. Then, I will paint the hood, roof, sunroof, and hatch. I will do the driver's side at one time and then the passenger side last. I prefer painting completes this way because it allows you to really focus and fine tune on each part of the car a lot more. When you're doing a car all at once it is too easy to make mistakes and miss things that could have been easily corrected if caught in stride.

More
30 Oct 2011 21:04 #6665 by Johnny V
It snowed on my car last night :(

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!